bullbar : aesthetic or function wise?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: bullbar : aesthetic or function wise?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

bullbar : aesthetic or function wise?

I'm considering about installing a bullbar on my riseman.

Will it really protect the lcd or will it make reading less legible?
    Last edited by chetztro; May 19th, 2012 at 11:09.

Re: bullbar : aesthetic or function wise?

IMHO, bullbars are an enhancement, and they only reduce legibility from very acute viewing angles.

But, when you say you are 'considering installing' them, might I suggest you first consider where in blue blazes you are going to get them from!

No official Casio bullbars have ever been made - and, as far as I am aware, the 'aftermarket' bullbars that are currently available will be NBG (no bl***y good) for your Riseman. The best advice that I can give you is to try and source bullbars from a DW003 - they are not a perfect fit, but they are probably as close as you will find.

Good Luck

Below is my 'MITCO' (Men In Traffic Cone Orange - thanks Kung!) G9200, suitably adorned with said 003 'bars....

LUW

In general, I like the looks, but the problem like our tick friend said, is how/where to find them .
    I never had the chance to try one because of that.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

While they look cool I wonder if they will put undue stress on the bezel because of the tight fitting.
    G-Shocks Are Cool. likes this.

Watchphile, I fully agree with your opinion.

So garrapata, care to share your personal experience regarding the negative effect of installing bullbar on your riseman?

My choice will be the bullbar from tiktox.com made to fit the 6900 bezel.

From several article which I have read it seems that the tiktox bullbar fit were rather tight.

A few riseman owners even alter the riseman bezel to fit the bullbar better. This however, is something I against.

Quote Originally Posted by chetztro View Post
    Watchphile, I fully agree with your opinion.

So garrapata, care to share your personal experience regarding the negative effect of installing bullbar on your riseman?

My choice will be the bullbar from tiktox.com made to fit the 6900 bezel.

From several article which I have read it seems that the tiktox bullbar fit were rather tight.

A few riseman owners even alter the riseman bezel to fit the bullbar better. This however, is something I against.
    With the DW003 bullbar there is no negative effect that I am aware of - the fit is neither too tight nor too loose.

I can't really give you a valid opinion with respect to the tiktox aftermarket bars, however, having just tried genuine Casio 6900 bars on one of my 9200 Riseman - I don't rate them a being a suitable fit - IMHO they are a bit too tall.

Here are some more views of the 003 bars on a 9200 - they are a pretty good fit with no bezel alteration reqd.

StephenWatch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by garrapata View Post
    With the DW003 bullbar there is no negative effect that I am aware of - the fit is neither too tight nor too loose.

I can't really give you a valid opinion with respect to the tiktox aftermarket bars, however, having just tried genuine Casio 6900 bars on one of my 9200 Riseman - I don't rate them a being a suitable fit - IMHO they are a bit too tall.

Here are some more views of the 003 bars on a 9200 - they are a pretty good fit with no bezel alteration reqd.

What kind of band setup is that, and where did you get it?
    Last edited by dogboy; May 19th, 2012 at 20:38.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    What kind of band setup is that, and where did you get it?
    Hi,

The strap and adaptors are off a 1990s DW6900S surftimer - I dyed them black (they were originally blue / transparent).

It is probably the most comfortable G-Shock strap that I have tried - but, it is not really suitable for the Riseman as the adaptors stress the screws and cause them to bend slightly. The factory fitted strap has lugs which locate securely in the watch case, and the screws only serve to hold the strap in place and do not become stressed. I have since 'transplanted' the strap and adaptors onto my GW200 'wristhog' and the way the watch is now has pretty much convinced me that if I could only own one watch, then this would be it!

dogboy likes this.

That my friend......is one ubercool watch.

After further consideration,I decided not to install the bullbar and leave the riseman as it is.

Thanks so much people.

Minor hijack (sorry), but has anyone put a set of bullbars on a G(W)7900?

I vaguely remember someone saying that those off a DW002 may fit, but I've been searching for months for a set & can't find them anywhere...
    Last edited by StephenWatch; May 20th, 2012 at 16:00.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information