Bullbars that might fit... or not
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xevious

Thread: Bullbars that might fit... or not

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Rolling eyes Bullbars that might fit... or not

Bullbars or "face protectors" have been long appreciated by G-Shock fans, especially with the 5000 and 6900 series. CASIO had sold them as custom parts for quite a long while, but then abruptly stopped making them available to the public. This is despite the fact that they have STILL been made for some fairly recent models. You simply cannot buy them any longer, so some aftermarket ones have been attempted by 3rd parties with limited success (some have fitment problems or are very expensive).

So the idea of trying to fit a set of bullbars from one G-Shock to another similar shaped/designed G-Shock has been brought up periodically. Unfortunately, the bezel designs are very seldom compatible across "cousin" models. In fact, the DW-6900 and GW-6900 have slightly different bezel shapes, so DW-6900 bullbars have much tighter fit on a GW-6900.

One of the older G-Shock models I like a great deal is the G-2000, which had one model that came with silver bullbars--the white metallic Lover's edition. For a long while, I thought that those were the only bullbars made for the G-2000, but later on I learned that black ones were made for purchase as an accessory in the JDM. I saw a couple come up for sale on Yahoo Japan about 4 years ago, but was consumed with bidding on some watches that distracted me and I missed bidding. I didn't sweat it, figuring more would appear later. They did not, unfortunately.

Bullbars were made for the G-300, not a very commonly seen G-Shock these days, and when I spotted one for sale with the seller saying it will fit the DW-5600, I bought it. I figured it would be great to have new OEM ones instead of those very tight fitting aftermarket ones. Unfortunately, the mention of DW-5600 had nothing to do with the product--it was just a reference to a G-Shock model that popularized the bullbars. So they didn't fit. However, they looked like they might fit a G-2000. They actually do, although not perfect. The fit is not completely snug and there are parts that raise up a bit above the bezel. I'm not sure if I'll keep them... but for the most part, they do look good.

Name:  G-2000CK_bb-1.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  171.6 KB
    Name:  G-2000CK_bb-2.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  137.5 KB

I was curious if the original G-2000 bullbars would fit the GW-M5600, so I tested them out. They actually do fit in overall dimension, but unfortunately they are raised up too high in the middle and on one side they interfere with the pushers. Oh well!

Name:  GW-M5600A_bb-1.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  145.0 KB
    Name:  GW-M5600A_bb-2.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  149.4 KB
    Name:  GW-M5600A_bb-3.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  113.7 KB

Anybody else do some bullbar fitment experimentation and have some worthwhile results? Or what would be assumed proper fit didn't turn out to be? If so, please post about it.
    Ottovonn likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

lvt

Re: Bullbars that might fit... or not

The bullbar on the 5600 completely ruined the watch :((
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

i tried the 2000 bullbar on my G-5600, i feel it fits well, except as you mention, it raises a little bit high - but I still like it - I took it off because the silver bullbars doesn't match with any of my 5600 (yellow, black, and green)

years ago, I read that there is a guy in WUS here making and selling bullbars for Gshock, don't remember much now, but I recall the price he set was not "affordable" for the average Gshock-fans -

I am not saying making it is easy, but if I have the sample and the material, I surely will try to make a bunch for myself as bullbars are cool LOLz

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you make these for a GX-56 that'd be great! It'd look crazy unique.

Hail to the King, baby.

Nice knowledge here :)

Bullbar is really hard to find these day. Damn my 5600 is thirst of it!

Sent from my Xperia Acro S using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

there are still many bullbars on the market, they are just attached to the old Gshock being sold as a whole, the question is are you willing to pay for the whole Gshock just to get the bullbar ? and of course, there would be trial and errors along the way ....

Thread Information