Button lag in chrono mode on G-Shock M5600-BC ?

Thread: Button lag in chrono mode on G-Shock M5600-BC ?

Button lag in chrono mode on G-Shock M5600-BC ?

Just got a 5600BC on Monday and I'm rather pleased with it...except for the fact that the buttons are a tad hard to operate. I suppose it's done to protect them, which is fine, but more annoying is the fact that in chrono mode some time ( 1/4 second ?) seems to elapse between the time you press the button and the time it registers? Anyone else notice that ?

Re: Button lag in chrono mode on G-Shock M5600-BC ?

Yes I´ve noticed that too on my both M5600-watches (the original and the negative) but I´ve also noticed that the time is correct anyway. If you push the button and it take about 1/4 second to make it stop, you can see how the displays flashes forward about 0,20 seconds or so...

Thanks for confirming my particular watch doesn't have a problem, not a biggie since I'm not planning on timing a 100 meter dash, but I would still have liked the chrono to stop when I press the button, not 1/4 second later !

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    Thanks for confirming my particular watch doesn't have a problem, not a biggie since I'm not planning on timing a 100 meter dash, but I would still have liked the chrono to stop when I press the button, not 1/4 second later !
    I noticed this behavior also at other newer modules.
    It prevented me from playing the "stop the watch exactly at 5.00 seconds" game on these watches.

Funny you mention that, because I thought I'd try that too, but with 10 seconds and stopped it at 10.02 !

Generally speaking the buttons are really recessed on the 5600, much more so than on my trusty old Ironman I've had for twenty years, probably one of the first ones, I need to check eBay for a NOS one !

Thread Information