Button Stiffness
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Button Stiffness

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Button Stiffness

Hi there, I am wondering, the G-Shocks with the small metal buttons require the least physical effort to press. Are all the Gs with the plastic or rubber buttons hard to press? My experience is with the GW-9000 and GW-5500. Those buttons are one piece so there will be a natural resistance. Are all Gs with plastic buttons made like this? Or are they individual plastic buttons that are as easy to press as the small metal ones? I am looking to revise my collection and don't want any more watches with stiff buttons. Many thanks!

lvt

Re: Button Stiffness

On my GW-9200 each button has its own spring, the buttons are naturally smooth, but they are receassed so pressing those buttons requires a bit of practice.

Name:  14Anonyme-20121105-044721.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  121.2 KB
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

After some break in time they work well, I belive you are talking about the mud resist watches like the mudman and the gx56, the g9000 has the stiffest buttons but can be fixed if you soak them in hot/warm, if your talking about the riseman or the Gulfman or the ga110/gd100 buttons they work the best IMO,

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The 9200 Riseman and GA110 are very smooth and easy to press; the 9300 Mudman, as Bionicninja said, is stiffer but the rubber sheath actually makes it comfortable to apply the requisite pressure to activate each button.

Thanks guys. I actually boiled the strap and the buttons on my GW-5500 for about 20 minutes or so - the result was softer strap and slightly softer buttons, but they are still much stiffer compared with the metal buttons on my DW-6900. I haven't noticed the button softening up with use though personally but it is possible they have have softened up a fraction. I could check out the Gulfman or Riseman, they sound pretty easy to live with button-wise. Cheers!

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Best and easiest to press buttons are found in the G(W)-7900 series which are unrivaled to date in my opinion. The G-7700/7710 series is next best thing and on quite a lot non-G Casios the buttons are also top notch to operate (SGW-100/200/300 for instance).

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

9300 Mudman buttons are connected (one piece for two buttons) but they are easy to press. I have experienced the difficult to press buttons on the 5500. GW-5000 buttons are small metal buttons but they are a little harder to press than other similar models. So it really depends on the model, you cannot make generalizations based on how the buttons look

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicninja View Post
    the g9000 has the stiffest buttons but can be fixed if you soak them in hot/warm
    I did not realize they were broken?
    ABC: Garmin Fenix, Suunto Core, Suunto Ambit, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire
    My G-Shock: G9300-1 Mudman; Son #1 G-Shock: GD100MS-1 & G7900-1 Rescue; Son #2 G-Shock: G2900F-1 & GLX5600-1
    Shared G-Shock: G9000-1 Mudman - The Workhorse
    Other: Various analogs - Victorinox, Eddie Bauer, Bulova, more....

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    Best and easiest to press buttons are found in the G(W)-7900 series which are unrivaled to date in my opinion. The G-7700/7710 series is next best thing and on quite a lot non-G Casios the buttons are also top notch to operate (SGW-100/200/300 for instance).

cheers
    Since I own a few of the watches mentioned on this thread, I would agree the 7900 buttons are the smoothest and easiest to push. And that the 9300 Mudman buttons are a nice upgrade to the 9000 Mudmans - although I will say the 9000's buttons after break in are not all that bad.

I will also say the 5600 buttons are a little tougher for me with the little metal buttons, as my fingers are fatter and they don't fit into the recesses well. My son with his bony 13 yr old fingers has no issue though.

The GD100MS-1 buttons are actually like the 7900 - smooth, easy to push.
    TedDotCom likes this.
    ABC: Garmin Fenix, Suunto Core, Suunto Ambit, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire
    My G-Shock: G9300-1 Mudman; Son #1 G-Shock: GD100MS-1 & G7900-1 Rescue; Son #2 G-Shock: G2900F-1 & GLX5600-1
    Shared G-Shock: G9000-1 Mudman - The Workhorse
    Other: Various analogs - Victorinox, Eddie Bauer, Bulova, more....

Button Stiffness

I'll chip in as well. The buttons on my G9300 Mudman are perfect after some use and break-in. They are stiff but have a wonderful tactile feel to them when pressed. I even prefer them to the regular metal buttons on my GW-A1000 Aviator.
    Last edited by daffie; November 25th, 2012 at 11:13.
    Current watch(es) : Damasko DC58 with yellow chronohand.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information