buying Advice help guys.

Thread: buying Advice help guys.

Off topic buying Advice help guys.

hi all,thanks very much for your help so far.i'm looking at getting several G-Shocks over the next few days,i went to a local jeweller today and had a chat about some G's they had.
    anyways i noticed a gx-56,which was made in Japan,and also a mudman which was made in Thailand.the guy was saying that a lot of fake G-Shocks are coming out of china,and would advise buying in a shop,face to face.now my DW6900MS is made in china,and i confident it's genuine.mind you the guy i bought it from via a big name online retailer,did not stamp the warranty slip/card.just looking for some help here guys,is it best to stick to MADE IN JAPAN'
    or are the china/thailand G-shocks ok.i'm looking at spending a fair sum icluding 1 or 2 frogmen as well.sorry for all the questions guys,but being new to G-shocks,i'd like to know what i'm buying is genuine.
    thanks,
    brad.
    Casio G-Shock DW-6900 MS,
    Casio G-Shock GX-56,
    Casio G9000 mudman.
    Casio DW-290 1V.

Re: buying Advice help guys.

if you will be limiting your G's to made in japan models only then you will be missing out on a lot of awesome models. I have all the gx-56 models 3 of which are made in japan and 1 made in thailand and after inspecting every inch of the watch there are no differences in the quality. I have a few 6900's made in china and a few made in thailand and upon careful inspection i am certain there are no differences in quality. with casio you can be assured that quality comes with that brand no matter where it is made. if you want to talk about value then that is a different story. i guess in collecting G's get what interest you. they are cheap fun watches to collect and you can never go wrong with an original G.

peace,

miguel

Quote Originally Posted by g-shocka View Post
    if you will be limiting your G's to made in japan models only then you will be missing out on a lot of awesome models. I have all the gx-56 models 3 of which are made in japan and 1 made in thailand and after inspecting every inch of the watch there are no differences in the quality. I have a few 6900's made in china and a few made in thailand and upon careful inspection i am certain there are no differences in quality. with casio you can be assured that quality comes with that brand no matter where it is made. if you want to talk about value then that is a different story. i guess in collecting G's get what interest you. they are cheap fun watches to collect and you can never go wrong with an original G.

peace,

miguel
    Agree. Some of the high end G's are made in Japan however it seams that Casio continues to make more in Thailand and China. With the same parts on the same machines with the same quality control.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not sure if I understand what you are asking but a GF8250 yellow frog was listed a moment ago for $260, that's fantastic deal I would have jumped on it if I didn't already have one. Made in Japan and all like you wanted.

Also agree with the above, don't limit yourself to MIJ only. As long as you do your homework, it's easy to spot fake Gs.

Good luck
    MKII Kingston

the guy is just scaring you just so you can keep on buying from his shop.

99% of all G-Shock models are made in Thailand, Malaysia, and China. Made is Japan is just a marketing ploy and you'll find a tiny few models still made there and they'll be very expensive. Even JDM models are made in Thailand and China. I suggest you never step foot into that shop again. You didn't describe the seller much, but I already don't like him.

Hi Guys,thanks for your input, yeah i'll just get what i like irrelevant, if it's japan,china.
    there are so many models,this is a really helpful forum.
    all the best to you all,
    brad.
    Casio G-Shock DW-6900 MS,
    Casio G-Shock GX-56,
    Casio G9000 mudman.
    Casio DW-290 1V.

Well I don't think we should be to harsh in our judgement of the sales guy - of course every sales person would like it better if you bought in his store than online. And in fact - most of the best deals on G-Shocks I still get in brick and mortar stores. Most of the older models drop in price significantly once the store needs space to display all that fancy new stuff being released. And he has a point - sure probably 99,999% of all fake Casios are "Made in China" - but if it's a fake it doesn't matter where it comes from - they can stamp anything on the back of the watch that they want to. This statement has no link whatsoever with the question if there are any differences in quality between certain production sites. I had only one "Made in China" G-Shock so far - a DW-6600. It was every bit as good as any other G-Shock I had so far. Still I'd love to have one of those "Japan" GX-56 - no matter if there's a difference or not - just for the "collector's value".
    PS: Buying in a real store doesn't always mean you're completely safe from getting a fake - some guys buy a G-Shock - then come back to the store with a fake - sales person who doesn't know the difference returns the money and puts the watch back on display and the next unsuspecting customer buys it. It has happened and has also been reported here in the forum.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

If you're worried, why not just buy direct from Casio? They have an online store, at least here in the U.S. Prices are list, but if you're worried, it's probably a good way to go, I've bought a couple from them. I also buy from TG Diamonds in Wisconsin, great dealer with good customer service and an authorized Casio retailer. Sometimes they have sales also. No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Thread Information