Buying from Japan

Thread: Buying from Japan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying from Japan

Ok, ive been looking at the Japan auctions and have read the how to guide on buying from over there, but im still kind of scared!!!! any suggestions before i take the plunge? all will help

Re: Buying from Japan

mayb research the price first. if u can get it cheaper locally, then theres no point gettin it in from Japan but im sure u know that already. u can call me Capt. Obvious !!!
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

yea, im all about getting deals but im looking for some frogmen watches to start my collection off. Possibly Dawn black or Red jelly. In the US those watches are expensive and ive been told that i could possibly find them cheaper over seas, but kinda scared to purchase just because ive never done it before and there is a long process to follow and calculations to make (so ive been reading).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by zerostar2410 View Post
    yea, im all about getting deals but im looking for some frogmen watches to start my collection off. Possibly Dawn black or Red jelly. In the US those watches are expensive and ive been told that i could possibly find them cheaper over seas, but kinda scared to purchase just because ive never done it before and there is a long process to follow and calculations to make (so ive been reading).
    i know wat you mean. the calculations are darn tedious and the more u read the more u get confused and scared.

thats why most members email Seiya and many have bought from him

i think ive been on his page. He's expensive and doesnt carry a lot of model though. Or do you mean you guys ask him to buy them for you and he ships them?

haha, i just tried to register for yahoo japan and everything is in japanese even with the translator!!! anyway around this? can i register in American version and use on Jap version?

Quote Originally Posted by zerostar2410 View Post
    i think ive been on his page. He's expensive and doesnt carry a lot of model though. Or do you mean you guys ask him to buy them for you and he ships them?

yup, Seiya go hunts the watch u want and then ship it to u and i agree, his price aint for anyone !!!

sorry i couldnt help much !!

you should try the google translator. - www.google.com/translate

it will translate the page from you. or if you want, you can copy and paste the japanese words and it will translate them for you as well.

seiya-san is cool. he tried to help me get a dw5600. but unforunately, it was already sold out. and that the watch is infamous because it was woren by kimura takuya in hero. but he does go look for you. (many thanks for your help seiya-san!!!)

the only other way to order from japan is going through a japan auction agency. it's basically a third party that bids and buys the product for you and ships it to you from japan.

i'm currently using japan-auction-agency.com for my japanese watch buying. but others have also recommeneded fromjapan.com

Quote Originally Posted by arcticreaver View Post
    you should try the google translator. - www.google.com/translate

it will translate the page from you. or if you want, you can copy and paste the japanese words and it will translate them for you as well.

seiya-san is cool. he tried to help me get a dw5600. but unforunately, it was already sold out. and that the watch is infamous because it was woren by kimura takuya in hero. but he does go look for you. (many thanks for your help seiya-san!!!)

the only other way to order from japan is going through a japan auction agency. it's basically a third party that bids and buys the product for you and ships it to you from japan.

i'm currently using japan-auction-agency.com for my japanese watch buying. but others have also recommeneded fromjapan.com

yes ive been using different translators but once you get deep into some of these websites the translators stop working.
    ive beent thinking about using 3rd parties such as these but like ive said it gets kind of confusing with the different fees and language barriers.

each website has a pretty good break down of the fees. it's confusing at first but just follow the steps and bring a calculator with ya!

yeah, the bad thing about them translator website is that you have to keep copy and pasting the links to have them translated. hehe, but sometimes, you do what you gotta do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information