After some deliberation, I've decided I want a digital watch again. And since you guys seem to be the authority on Gshocks, I've come to you for some suggestions.
I've had analogs for many years now, and a while back, I had a cheap digital watch, but I lost it. The primary reason I want a digital watch is as a field watch. I do photography and may do video production in the future and who knows what else. I want something tough as nails, and I know Gshocks are known for their robust designs. Here's what I'm looking for.
- Black - I like low key designs, might be willing to compromise on a dark gray, will also allow me to wear in at least semi-formal environments if necessary
- Negative display - Looks cool and still readable, keeps obnoxious illumination at bay
- Buttons don't push too easily - My current watch has an oversized crown that gets pulled out frequently, and my last digital sometimes triggered incidentally. I don't want them to be too hard either though, something in between, if possible
- Always see the time - Regardless what mode it's on
- Solar - I heard the batteries last practically forever, but if a regular one lasts a significant time, I may be willing to forgo this
- Atomic - This would be nice, as I saw the specs say ±15 secs/month, which means keeping accuracy requires lots of manual syncing, unless I missed one that is more accurate than this or actually runs on cold fusion
I prefer to keep the price near $200 at the most. Depending on suggestions, I might be willing to go a little more.
My wrist is about 7-7 1/2'' (17.8-19 cm for you metric folks). It's not an accurate measurement, cause I don't have the proper tape, but should be within range. My current watch, measures about 2 in (5 cm)across from left side to crown, and sits about a half inch (1.3 cm) high on my wrist, if you think that will help.
Oh, also I don't want to start amassing Gshocks. I don't have that kind of money. I just want one, and only one great functioning watch. I'm not looking to build a collection here. I just want one that is functional, looks good, and will last.
Thanks to anyone who offers their help.