Buying a Riseman in Canada
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lvt

Thread: Buying a Riseman in Canada

Buying a Riseman in Canada

Iím in Canada and want to buy a Riseman (GW-9200-1 standard black) but could not find any brick and mortar stores that has it. Amazon.ca sells it for $300 (ouch) and I do not want to buy from eBay. What are my options?

Re: Buying a Riseman in Canada

I've seen it at Sears Canada for 249.99 (not all stores have it but I've seen it at least on 2 locations).

249.99 - 30% off = 174.99 + tax (in Ontario) of 13% = 197.74.

Good luck in your hunt.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Thank you Duke4c. I just returned from Sears and got one at exactly the price you mentioned. However, they don’t have the tin can but just a generic paper box. I think I’ll spend some time to study the manual and play around the new toy tonight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwatch View Post
    Thank you Duke4c. I just returned from Sears and got one at exactly the price you mentioned. However, they donít have the tin can but just a generic paper box. I think Iíll spend some time to study the manual and play around the new toy tonight.
    The GW9200 Riseman is a great watch! Enjoy!

lvt

Thank you Duke4c. I just returned from Sears and got one at exactly the price you mentioned. However, they don’t have the tin can but just a generic paper box. I think I’ll spend some time to study the manual and play around the new toy tonight.

Congrats, I wouldn't care about the tin can as I don't wear it with the Riseman :P
    duke4c likes this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Thank you Duke4c. I just returned from Sears and got one at exactly the price you mentioned. However, they donít have the tin can but just a generic paper box. I think Iíll spend some time to study the manual and play around the new toy tonight.
    You're velcome.

RISEMAN is one of the few that I regret selling. I almost snatched one again at Sears but I'm currently torn between new mudman (only one store have it and they wan't 250 + tax on it... no budging on the price with these guys... for me 280 for G is almost prohibitevely expensive especally knowing that I can get RISEMAN for almost 100 less...)

My only issue with RISEMAN is that one that I had was absolutely garbage (hard word, sorry folks) when it came down to baro accuracy... mine was all over the place for reading making it absolutely horrable instrument... Also I found that upper part was really small to read and cramped with info... so I flipped it.

After reading many threads here I tend to think that mine was probably just a bad apple as others don't have nearly as many problems with baro as I did. So I started thinking about it again...

But hey, Christmas is comming and I'm positive I'll snatch another G but I didn't decide wich one yet.

Cheers!
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

I spent a little time last night with the new Riseman. Being my first G-shock and quartz watch, I'm pretty happy with it. I tried to manually receive the wave signal according to the instruction but failed. the signal strength indicator was L1 everywhere I went within my house (near window of course). So I gave up and wore it to sleep. This morning I saw that it sync at 2am! It's no where near a window where my bed is and i don't what position the watch was when I was sleeping. It's a misery to me how it received the signal.

Anyhow, I have no idea if the barometer is accurate but I'm not fuzzy about it. Just wish to wear it in good health.

P.S. My wrist is not big but the watch doesn't wear big either. My only complaint is the end tip of the rubber band is too long and it sticks out at 12 o'clock on my wrist. Is there a shorter OEM band?

Thread Information