buying spare resin
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: buying spare resin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

buying spare resin

1st off, I attempted to perform a search, as I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I can't seem to locate the right answer.

Just looking to find where you can buy new resins (bands/bezels) for Gs. Nothing fancy or rare - I just want to get my hands on a new bezel and band for the white 7900. Where can I buy one?

Re: buying spare resin

www.pacparts.com is normally a good source people mention here, bu they do NOT seem to have bezels or straps in white, though they have bezels in black and can order cloth straps in other colors.

Ebay has a white bezel and a white strap, along with some other parts/colors.
    CADstraps likes this.

Here you go. Good old Keith at TikTox

Casio Watches - Tiktox
    CADstraps likes this.
    Breitling: Ti Chrono Avenger. Blue Dial. Ti Bracelet and Brown Leather Croc Strap w/Deployant
    Casio: GA-100A-1A1ER | GA-100A-7ADR Franken-Watch "StormTrooper" | GW-M5600-1ER | TS-100 | DW-5600C-9CV | DW-5600C-1V | GW-6900BC-1ER | DW-5200C-9 | GXW-56-4JF| G-001-2DR | GF-1000BP-1DR
    Diesel: DZ9039 Skeleton Automatic
    Sicura:
    1970's Mechanical Digital

Storm:
    V2 Vice Stainless Limited Edition

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks, both.

I've never modded a G before, so I'm not that resourceful yet. These links are what I needed.

If you are in the US, Casio parts is the best place to start. Cheap, fast shipping.

1-800-223-2001

Looking at the eBay links, is that a fair price for the bands? $45? Seems steep. The bezel being $20, which seems reasonable, plus the cost of the band, I could almost buy the whole watch.

Not complaining, just wondering if that is standard. Doesn't look like tiktox carries the band, although the bezel they have (quid converted to US pesos) is about the same price as the eBay listing.

Quote Originally Posted by CADstraps View Post
    Doesn't look like tiktox carries the band, although the bezel they have (quid converted to US pesos) is about the same price as the eBay listing.
    Contact Keith directly. I'm sure he could always source the band.
    Breitling: Ti Chrono Avenger. Blue Dial. Ti Bracelet and Brown Leather Croc Strap w/Deployant
    Casio: GA-100A-1A1ER | GA-100A-7ADR Franken-Watch "StormTrooper" | GW-M5600-1ER | TS-100 | DW-5600C-9CV | DW-5600C-1V | GW-6900BC-1ER | DW-5200C-9 | GXW-56-4JF| G-001-2DR | GF-1000BP-1DR
    Diesel: DZ9039 Skeleton Automatic
    Sicura:
    1970's Mechanical Digital

Storm:
    V2 Vice Stainless Limited Edition

Hm. I'm just sorting that there are 2 white 7900s, I thought there was just one. Looks like the gr7900 is glossy white (did not know of it's existance) and the g7900 is matte. I don't really have a preference for either, but I want white because I intend to try dyeing. I know the matte white can be dyed, can glossy resin be dyed?

Ebay = expensive. I don't use it unless it's discontinued and ebay is the only choice. Don't know where "between the lugs" is, but Casio and pacparts in the US. Tiktox in the UK. All really require phone calls to see what you can order. There is no place with a complete online catalog. Tiktox is after Casio and pacparts since prices are higher, but they sometimes can get parts we can't in the US. Unless the parts are very common, they are almost always backordered and take a month or so to get to you.
    Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    Ebay = expensive. I don't use it unless it's discontinued and ebay is the only choice. Don't know where "between the lugs" is, but Casio and pacparts in the US. Tiktox in the UK. All really require phone calls to see what you can order. There is no place with a complete online catalog. Tiktox is after Casio and pacparts since prices are higher, but they sometimes can get parts we can't in the US. Unless the parts are very common, they are almost always backordered and take a month or so to get to you.

Thanks for the info. I'm located in Canada. I found both the bezel and band cheap and quick, thanks to the info here in the thread - I was able to find the matte versions from the g7900, as I still don't know if you can dye glossy resin, like the gr7900.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information