buying from sunknots
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: buying from sunknots

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

buying from sunknots

I recently purchased a g shock from sunknots on rakuten, this was last sunday. Last tuesday I received a text from Citi stating the relevant amount has been deducted and i emailed the shop to confirm. They claimed to be on holiday till 16th Aug and when i emailed them again yesterday, there was no reply. I have also not received any confirmation that the item has been sent out. Should i be worried? Thanks for all the help guys!

Re: buying from sunknots

No, not quite yet, but do let Rakuten in on all of this as well, just to be on the safe side. Also, ask Sunknots for an ETA.

My guess is you're gonna receive a shipping notice from them, anyway, in a day or so.

I never have a problem ordering from Sunknots. when it get shipped, it will come to you fast.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I ordered from Sunknots last week as well.. They were closed for a few days due to a Japanese holiday.. Then they charged my card and shipped it out on the 16th.. I got 2 e-mails from them, 1 was for the shipping price and letting me know that it will ship soon, and the second was for the tracking number.. Then from the 17th no update at all..

8/17/2013 9:00:00 AM JAPAN CHUBU INT BAG Insert item into bag (Otb)

that was the last of it.. I thought maybe on sunday EMS might be closed so nothing might happen. Expected an update on monday.. But nothing, should i be getting worried?

Anyways as for the original post. Did you check your spam folder? Sometimes i find Rakuten or Japanese emails go in there.. Give them a day or two.. Or send the same email again.

So far I'm finding Tip Top better, the emails are more polite as well.. And they reply faster.

Hope you get your shipping confirmation soon.

oh one of my friends had tweeted yesterday about a volcano eruption and earthquake in Japan.. I did not look it up after that..so not sure if its true.. Maybe services were halted because of it?
    Last edited by starscream; August 20th, 2013 at 05:37.

I really wouldn't be worried. Sunknots are not the best at communicating with customers (possibly English language is not their strong point). But I've bought from them quite a few times and everything always arrived in perfect condition.

And yes, sometimes there is period of time before they get to the post office.
    Last edited by MCZK; August 20th, 2013 at 08:26.

Quote Originally Posted by ed1990 View Post
    I recently purchased a g shock from sunknots on rakuten, this was last sunday. Last tuesday I received a text from Citi stating the relevant amount has been deducted and i emailed the shop to confirm. They claimed to be on holiday till 16th Aug and when i emailed them again yesterday, there was no reply. I have also not received any confirmation that the item has been sent out. Should i be worried? Thanks for all the help guys!
    I don't think you should worry about Sunknots from all the positive feedbacks... I, myself, just ordered something from them recently, but it was AFTER you bought yours. IIRC, it was on Aug 15th, on the 16th I got an email with tracking numbers. Today, according to the tracking numbers, it has arrived in town and is now at customs. FOR ME, that's where I worry more because of the taxing ..... of British Columbia . I'm already expecting at least a 12% tax... I'm hoping it'll be here tomorrow

here's a screenshot of the tracking

But I DO think it's a little weird that you placed your order BEFORE me and haven't heard from them. Maybe they currently ran out of that watch(?)

Last edited by trainerKEN; August 20th, 2013 at 10:06.

I hope not! the only correspondence i have with them is the email stating they were on holiday till 16 Aug and an order confirmation from Rakuten. Other than that, zilch.

I've ordered before and had an EMS number etc and I've ordered and heard nothing and the watch has just turned up with the postman.

Rakuten is like our Amazon. And Sunknots is highly reputable. I would not be concerned in the slightest. If you don't get the tracking number or item in the next week, you can always dispute the charge with your financial institution. Then Sunknots will definitely reach out to you!

I have ordered several items from Sunknots and all have been great experiences. My most recent purchase went a little differently though - I never received a shipping notice. However the item showed up at my door just 3 days after I ordered it!

You order was likely during the Obon holiday in Japan, one of the biggest holiday events of the year. Many offices are closed for the week, and your order could have been one of many that were collected during their break. In the rush to ship the orders out on the 16th, my guess is your G was shipped, but the shipping notice was somehow missed. I bet you'll have your new G in your hands before the week is out.
    MUDMAN likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information