California daily tide table for 30 day forecast within 90 minutes of Casio tide graph.

Thread: California daily tide table for 30 day forecast within 90 minutes of Casio tide graph.

California daily tide table for 30 day forecast within 90 minutes of Casio tide graph.

Using this tide table: https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/no...hi&action=data

I checked the NOAA tide tables against the G-7900 tide graph from 21 SEP 17 to 22 OCT 17 and it was within approximately 90 minutes of the highest tide forecast for any given day. On most dates it was well within 60 minutes. I've heard that Casio tide graphs don't work for California but this doesn't seem too far off for non-critical things like spontaneous fishing. Am I wrong?

I also compared a few lower high tides on the tide table to the tide graph and there was a greater difference, a difference of up to 3 hours.
    Last edited by m1ckDELTA; September 21st, 2017 at 23:06.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

Re: California daily tide table for 30 day forecast within 90 minutes of Casio tide graph.

When I checked my Gulfman GW-9110-1 default tide times to the actual tide times in Los Angeles for June, it was between 2 hours before and 1/2 hour after the actual first high tide time. If I had bumped the Gulfman first high tide forward about 3/4 hour, then it would have been between 1.25 hours before and 1.25 hours after.

I'm not sure how much more it might vary throughout the whole year.

Re: California daily tide table for 30 day forecast within 90 minutes of Casio tide graph.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    When I checked my Gulfman GW-9110-1 default tide times to the actual tide times in Los Angeles for June, it was between 2 hours before and 1/2 hour after the actual first high tide time. If I had bumped the Gulfman first high tide forward about 3/4 hour, then it would have been between 1.25 hours before and 1.25 hours after.

I'm not sure how much more it might vary throughout the whole year.
    I wonder how much difference being able to enter actual longitude and lunitidal interval information makes as opposed to just a city code. It could just default to a the closest city and we would be none the wiser; the actual long and int settings being nothing more than an overlay.

I did enter long and int info that was closest to the tide table I was using. In this case the I used the actual longitude of Newport Bay as per Google then, to derive the LTI, plugged it into this: Lunitidal Interval - Calculator
    Last edited by m1ckDELTA; September 22nd, 2017 at 01:24.
    A man wearing a watch, outside of purely social functions (where, strictly speaking, a watch is not supposed to be worn), makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers his time something of value, not something to be wasted.

A man wearing an ostentatiously expensive watch makes it clear to everyone in his purview that they are in the presence of a man who considers little.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

On my Gulfman and some of my other Casio tide watches, there is no way to enter the longitude or lunitidal interval. All that can be set is the city code and the first high tide time. My older tide watches, like the G-7900 and GLX-5600, use the longitide and lunitidal interval.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    On my Gulfman and some of my other Casio tide watches, there is no way to enter the longitude or lunitidal interval. All that can be set is the city code and the first high tide time. My older tide watches, like the G-7900 and GLX-5600, use the longitide and lunitidal interval.
    Did you notice a difference in accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckDELTA View Post
    Did you notice a difference in accuracy?
    They are a bit different, but I'm not sure which is more accurate.

Thread Information