Can the 24Hr dial be set to a different time zone on Oceanus OCW-M700?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Baboblue
  • 3 Post By Mitch100

Thread: Can the 24Hr dial be set to a different time zone on Oceanus OCW-M700?

Can the 24Hr dial be set to a different time zone on Oceanus OCW-M700?

I just got this lovely JDM Oceanus OCW-M700 Titanium PDV. It has a crappy generic SS PDV bracelet, but I will be replacing it with a black rubber strap...
    Name:  s-l1600 (2).jpg
Views: 123
Size:  108.4 KB

Anyway I found a basic Japanese user manual for it online, but it didn't cover some things. I don't get radio reception here in Australia so I have it set up manually.

I primarily want to know if there is a way to set the 24Hr dial to a different time than the main hands? I want the main hands to be Sydney time, and the 24Hr time to be GMT or London time. The manual was no help.

Also, there were no instructions on how to manually set the perpetual calendar. Does anyone know how to do that? I'm used to Citizen AT watches which allow the month and years since leapyear to be manually set.

Congrats on your new acquisition!
    To answer your questions, first off, are you sure the watch features a perpetual calendar? On most multiband watches it would be a redundant feature (as long as your area is covered by it) so they just forget about it. If it's there, how to set the year and month is usually explained in the basic manual. If it's not there, I'm afraid you'll have to set the date manually 5 times a year.
    As for the 24h hands, I'm afraid it's on the same wheel train as the hour and minute hands so you'd have to take it off and install it on a different position, snitch you might not want to do if you're not too confident about installing hands (harder than it looks!)
    stumo likes this.
    I don't know everything, I just know what I know

Re: Can the 24Hr dial be set to a different time zone on Oceanus OCW-M700?

Nice watch, I have it as well, shame about the bracelet as the original is great.

The dial is a proper 24hr dial and cannot be set separately.

The calendar is perpetual and runs to 2099, once set you will never have to touch again. Here is a link to the manual which tells you how to set the time and date manually.

http://support.casio.com/storage/en/...009/qw4777.pdf

Mitch
    StephenWatch, greg1491 and stumo like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey Mitch, the manual you're linking is for the GS-1100, which didn't really matter since they're practically the same modules but it doesn't explain either how you could set the month and year manually on the watch.

I ran some tests on yet another very similar module (4766 on a WVQ-M610) and I really don't think there's a way to do it.

Looking at the GS-1000 4343 manual (again, another very similar watch) which has a pretty different layout, there's a small note that says you have to make adjustments manually if you're not covered by multiband-5.

From my experience, on full-analog modules with a perpetual calendar, you navigate between setting home city, time, date, month and year with the mode button, but that doesn't seem to be present on these modules, or any multiband I tested.

I'd be happy to be wrong but right now I'm convinced the internal calendar of the watch cannot be set manually.
    I don't know everything, I just know what I know

Quote Originally Posted by Baboblue View Post
    Hey Mitch, the manual you're linking is for the GS-1100, which didn't really matter since they're practically the same modules but it doesn't explain either how you could set the month and year manually on the watch.

I ran some tests on yet another very similar module (4766 on a WVQ-M610) and I really don't think there's a way to do it.

Looking at the GS-1000 4343 manual (again, another very similar watch) which has a pretty different layout, there's a small note that says you have to make adjustments manually if you're not covered by multiband-5.

From my experience, on full-analog modules with a perpetual calendar, you navigate between setting home city, time, date, month and year with the mode button, but that doesn't seem to be present on these modules, or any multiband I tested.

I'd be happy to be wrong but right now I'm convinced the internal calendar of the watch cannot be set manually.
    Yes the manual is this one for the Oceanus.

http://support.casio.com/storage/en/...009/qw4749.pdf

I see where you are coming from with the date on the perpetual calendar. The calendar is set to run from 2001 to 2099 at the factory settings.

Now unless the watch has died at some point it should still figure it is 2017.

It is possible to check what date the watch thinks it is. Using the manual setting procedure I would set the date as the 30th and the day as Thursday. Now when the date turns over, if it thinks it is 2017, it can show only Fri the 31st of March or Fri the 1st of December. That is the only possible combination in 2017.

If neither then you need to keep looking for these sort of combinations in other years to pin down the year the watch thinks it is.

Mitch

Ok thanks for the info guys. That stock PDV band looks really nice Mitch. It would take a lot of luck for me to reunite this one with its stock band, I've no idea where to even start. It doesn't look too bad with the rubber strap though, so its definitely a keeper either way.

Yeah the manual is a tad contradictory which is what led me to ask here. I think mine is set right, but there is no easy way to actually check. I hope I don't have to do that date setting dance you described above lol. I wonder if I could set it using one of those audio based AT emulation setting website things?

That's a real shame about the 24Hr dial being fixed to current timezone, makes that dial pointless for me.

Thread Information