Can anybody help me with the difference between the MTG-1000-1AJF vs MTG1000-1A?

Thread: Can anybody help me with the difference between the MTG-1000-1AJF vs MTG1000-1A?

Can anybody help me with the difference between the MTG-1000-1AJF vs MTG1000-1A?

I'm looking at both of these watches, and I can't really find a difference between these models other than the cost. Is it that the 1AJF has the "tough solar" movement? There is about a $150 cost difference between the two. Also, does anybody know of any reputable places to buy either of these? Kind of leary of dropping $300 + on a watch from Ebay!

Re: Can anybody help me with the difference between the MTG-1000-1AJF vs MTG1000-1A?

They're the exact same watch. The model number is MTG-1000 and the color is 1A. JF simply means "distributed in Japan" while the market code is missing from the other (many sellers omit it).

Re: Can anybody help me with the difference between the MTG-1000-1AJF vs MTG1000-1A?

maybe the manuals (language) are different and the packing?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mainly has to do with where the watch is distributed (sold), and sometimes where it is manufactured.

Usually the packaging may be different, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
    I'm looking at both of these watches, and I can't really find a difference between these models other than the cost. Is it that the 1AJF has the "tough solar" movement? There is about a $150 cost difference between the two. Also, does anybody know of any reputable places to buy either of these? Kind of leary of dropping $300 + on a watch from Ebay!
    Hey 1Hawaii
    Check out these guys.....

I purchased my MTG1000 from them, they confirmed that the watch was in stock, answered any and all of my questions in a timely manner, and sent the watch out as soon as I ordered it!

Hope this helps some....

Quote Originally Posted by RiseOfTheAnts View Post
    They're the exact same watch. The model number is MTG-1000 and the color is 1A. JF simply means "distributed in Japan" while the market code is missing from the other (many sellers omit it).

The funny thing is...there is about a $150 price difference between the 2 models on E-bay. That's odd if they are EXACTLY the same model?

Quote Originally Posted by 1hawaii50 View Post
    The funny thing is...there is about a $150 price difference between the 2 models on E-bay. That's odd if they are EXACTLY the same model?
    Yes it is odd. There are many odd things on ebay.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    Yes it is odd. There are many odd things on ebay.

I agree, but I figured with the price difference that maybe one model was newer than the other. That is good info to have that they are one and the same!

Thread Information