Can anyone tell me about GAS100
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By StephenWatch
  • 2 Post By cal..45

Thread: Can anyone tell me about GAS100

Can anyone tell me about GAS100

Hey everyone, im looking into getting the GAS100 but had a few questions if anyone owns one or knows.

I was first wondering how good the battery is on it. I dont spend alot of time outdoors during the week which is why i like the design but i also go out fishing and get my hands dirty when i can so i like how all Gshocks are tough. It would be a whole day of sunlight once every week or two. Where i work isnt dark thought its fairly normal lighting (shopping center)

The other question is can you change the MM/DD format to DD/MM. I know most Gshocks cant but as this is new i was hoping it might be an exception and its one thing i really want in a watch

Watch picture because its so good looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Can anyone tell me about GAS100

Quote Originally Posted by GioSparro View Post
    Hey everyone, im looking into getting the GAS100 but had a few questions if anyone owns one or knows.

I was first wondering how good the battery is on it. I dont spend alot of time outdoors during the week which is why i like the design but i also go out fishing and get my hands dirty when i can so i like how all Gshocks are tough. It would be a whole day of sunlight once every week or two. Where i work isnt dark thought its fairly normal lighting (shopping center)
    The battery in your watch will be just fine. Even if you work indoors, a bit of a top up now & again on a home window sill will keep things purring along perfectly. As for the date/month thing, as a European, I too am irritated the was Casio does it wrong (LOL) but after 40 odd years of owning them, I've got use to their foreign format!
    MainePorsche likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I just looked up the manual and it says nothing about european style date, so it is safe to presume there is no way to change it. No mention about the batt but usually Casio uses the CLT920/925 on those models, a very low capacity rechargeable with around 5.5 mah.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As an FYI, the digital eyes in this watch may be difficult to read, if it's the same design as the AWGM100, and not nearly as clear or contrasting as this pic shows. There is a backlight but it's not great.

Its a very good size, actually on the small side for a G, but seeing this one in person might be a good idea if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    I just looked up the manual and it says nothing about european style date, so it is safe to presume there is no way to change it. No mention about the batt but usually Casio uses the CLT920/925 on those models, a very low capacity rechargeable with around 5.5 mah.

cheers
    by "european style" do you mean "non usa style"? haha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_f...ntry_(new).png

never understood why they stuck with that format either.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    by "european style" do you mean "non usa style"? haha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_f...ntry_(new).png

never understood why they stuck with that format either.
    Exactly! I wasn't aware that most parts of the world use the dd.mm.yyyy format either. It is strange that Casio as a japanese company, in nearly all their watches, use the the mm.dd.yyyy format though, they seem to consider the US market as the only valuable one. But it is even more strange, that Timex - an american based company - on any watch they make, give the opportunity to change the date format....

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

I've had my eye on this one as well; they have just started appearing this week in a few places and I picked one up today. It's dark here now so real world shots will have to wait til tomorrow; some initial thoughts in the meantime:

Size is pretty much the same as GA-100; weight possibly slightly more and it overall feels a very small step more solid and premium. The hands are nicely legible, the metallised indices slightly less so in all conditions though they do catch the light interestingly from certain angles. Lume on the hands is adequate. The lighting has an LED for the ana-bit and backlighting for the LCDs. The dial has a grey sunburst that is much more evident in RL than in the product shots. The overall impression is quite muted and under the radar, but with a nice hidden little sparkle on the face.

Quote Originally Posted by huwp View Post
    I've had my eye on this one as well; they have just started appearing this week in a few places and I picked one up today. It's dark here now so real world shots will have to wait til tomorrow; some initial thoughts in the meantime:

Size is pretty much the same as GA-100; weight possibly slightly more and it overall feels a very small step more solid and premium. The hands are nicely legible, the metallised indices slightly less so in all conditions though they do catch the light interestingly from certain angles. Lume on the hands is adequate. The lighting has an LED for the ana-bit and backlighting for the LCDs. The dial has a grey sunburst that is much more evident in RL than in the product shots. The overall impression is quite muted and under the radar, but with a nice hidden little sparkle on the face.

Cant wait for pictures and info when possible, Also what country are you from? It isnt out in australia yet and im not a fan of buying things like this on Ebay or Amazon etc

this is basically the same module as the g-steel.
    so no, u cannot change the date format.
    the backlight is a double LED, basically lighting up both the dial and the LCD...and actually pretty strong...looks to be at least 0.5 lumens.

fwiw, i have a g-steel and i dont mind its module...as long as u dont go overboard using the backlight...the battery should stay on H for quite a few weeks.

Thread Information