WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Can anyone tell me about GAS100

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Everdying 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, im looking into getting the GAS100 but had a few questions if anyone owns one or knows.

I was first wondering how good the battery is on it. I dont spend alot of time outdoors during the week which is why i like the design but i also go out fishing and get my hands dirty when i can so i like how all Gshocks are tough. It would be a whole day of sunlight once every week or two. Where i work isnt dark thought its fairly normal lighting (shopping center)

The other question is can you change the MM/DD format to DD/MM. I know most Gshocks cant but as this is new i was hoping it might be an exception and its one thing i really want in a watch

Watch picture because its so good looking!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey everyone, im looking into getting the GAS100 but had a few questions if anyone owns one or knows.

I was first wondering how good the battery is on it. I dont spend alot of time outdoors during the week which is why i like the design but i also go out fishing and get my hands dirty when i can so i like how all Gshocks are tough. It would be a whole day of sunlight once every week or two. Where i work isnt dark thought its fairly normal lighting (shopping center)
The battery in your watch will be just fine. Even if you work indoors, a bit of a top up now & again on a home window sill will keep things purring along perfectly. As for the date/month thing, as a European, I too am irritated the was Casio does it wrong (LOL) but after 40 odd years of owning them, I've got use to their foreign format!

Reactions: MainePorsche
#3 ·
I just looked up the manual and it says nothing about european style date, so it is safe to presume there is no way to change it. No mention about the batt but usually Casio uses the CLT920/925 on those models, a very low capacity rechargeable with around 5.5 mah.

cheers

#5 ·
I just looked up the manual and it says nothing about european style date, so it is safe to presume there is no way to change it. No mention about the batt but usually Casio uses the CLT920/925 on those models, a very low capacity rechargeable with around 5.5 mah.

cheers
by "european style" do you mean "non usa style"? :-s haha

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country#/media/File:Date_format_by_country_(new).png

never understood why they stuck with that format either.

#4 ·
As an FYI, the digital eyes in this watch may be difficult to read, if it's the same design as the AWGM100, and not nearly as clear or contrasting as this pic shows. There is a backlight but it's not great.

Its a very good size, actually on the small side for a G, but seeing this one in person might be a good idea if possible.

#7 ·
I've had my eye on this one as well; they have just started appearing this week in a few places and I picked one up today. It's dark here now so real world shots will have to wait til tomorrow; some initial thoughts in the meantime:

Size is pretty much the same as GA-100; weight possibly slightly more and it overall feels a very small step more solid and premium. The hands are nicely legible, the metallised indices slightly less so in all conditions though they do catch the light interestingly from certain angles. Lume on the hands is adequate. The lighting has an LED for the ana-bit and backlighting for the LCDs. The dial has a grey sunburst that is much more evident in RL than in the product shots. The overall impression is quite muted and under the radar, but with a nice hidden little sparkle on the face.

#9 ·
this is basically the same module as the g-steel.
so no, u cannot change the date format.
the backlight is a double LED, basically lighting up both the dial and the LCD...and actually pretty strong...looks to be at least 0.5 lumens.

fwiw, i have a g-steel and i dont mind its module...as long as u dont go overboard using the backlight...the battery should stay on H for quite a few weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.