Can I de-red a GX-56?

Thread: Can I de-red a GX-56?

Can I de-red a GX-56?

Guys i'm thinking about a GX-56 1a, what are the possibilities of removing the red buttons and red inside the dial?

LUW

Re: Can I de-red a GX-56?

You would have to swap the case for the one that comes in the GX-56-1BDR (if you want to go for a positive display you would have to swap the module too).
    Cheers!
    Luciano

You could somehow remove the buttons and dye them black... somehow.

No idea about the red part inside the dial. It would be too much work I imagine...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The buttons are a part of the bezel, so the easiest way to do that is just purchase a new bezel, like LUW said. The 56-1B has black buttons, or you could go with a 56GB which is stealthed out including letters.

I suspect the red inside the case is probably another part that goes in before the module does, or after the front screen that sits behind the mineral glass... anyhow, I haven't tried to disassemble a King before but you'd most likely have to take the whole thing apart down to the module, I wouldn't know whether the module can pop out or not like some models, or how the red bits are attached to the case... If you can pop them out, then you could probably just order the part from a 56GB which is black...

Anyway having said all this, it might be worth it just to get a 56GB - everything is pretty much blacked out, and it's just a goldish tint on the LCD and the gold middle bit... but it's closer to what you want right :)

That's what I'd do. Getting to the red foam layer inside the case means disconnecting the module from the solar and whilst all this is possible, it's going to be hard, fiddly work with potential to go wrong. If you've got a lot of experience of rebuilding etc. then you might be OK as bezel and foam should both respond well to RIT dye.

But really, when easier solutions are possible, save your sanity and sacrifice your wallet instead!

sounds like a nightmare!! So can you suggest a black or dark g shock that blends away but is digital? i like the size and shape of the ga-100 but i need digital?

What about teh GD-100 - same case as the GA, but Digital.

For example:
    Casio: G-Shock GD-100MS-1 GD-1XX photos, videos and specifications GD100MS-1 | Watch Archive

Thread Information