Can I save my first G-Shock???

Thread: Can I save my first G-Shock???

Can I save my first G-Shock???

Hello

Is it possible to save my very first G-shock? As you can see it has been quite a lot!

Can I find a new bezel/case for it? Or do I have to buy three new G-Shocks to compensate for the loss of this???

Re: Can I save my first G-Shock???

Check Pacparts.com if you haven't already. The MIGHT have what you need, but usually it's a gamble with older/obscure models.
    It's a bit of a pain to navigate the first time you look at it and it's REALLY slow, but this site is dangerous if you like modding casios.
    AWGM100NV-2A / DW5600EB / G5600EB / G9000-1V / GA110BC-9A / G-056
    PRG270-7CR / GM100-8JF / DW6100-1V / AQ33 / AL190WD-8CU(stom)
    Citizen B612 Primo /
    Ракета 24-hour

It's really hard to find spare parts for this models, but the dw-004 they sold a lot, they appear quite frequently on eBay, and not for a lot of money, and most of thems in very good condition, you can buy one to be a donor. I already have one of those, it was mint, sold it because it was a to much chunky in the wrist with that strap, but really comfortable.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

buying a donor isnt really going to help cos the parts you need re: resin is the parts that are always ruined first. if you like the watch then just buy a new one, theres still plenty going around and the prices have come down a little for these older models. should be able to get a mint one for < $100AU ($70US) easily.
    you could also salvage some of the bits from this one and rebirth it. the band is still decent and you could take the adapters, strip the rest of the old paint off, repaint them then look into fitting the module into 6900 (or was it a 9052? ..soz cant remember, theres threads on here about it tho) resin, which are both cheap and plentiful. that way you still keep the retro feel of the watch with the velcro band and you can keep the originator alive (:
    One struck by lightning is not the same as by a baseball or cabbage.

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Pacparts has the watch but most of the parts are discontinued.

I've been looking at the different ebays and couldn't find any in the same color. Where else should I look for used G-shocks besides here?

And the ones I found on ebay are the same price as new G-shocks, so I might as well buy a new instead I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    buying a donor isnt really going to help cos the parts you need re: resin is the parts that are always ruined first. if you like the watch then just buy a new one, theres still plenty going around and the prices have come down a little for these older models. should be able to get a mint one for < $100AU ($70US) easily.
    you could also salvage some of the bits from this one and rebirth it. the band is still decent and you could take the adapters, strip the rest of the old paint off, repaint them then look into fitting the module into 6900 (or was it a 9052? ..soz cant remember, theres threads on here about it tho) resin, which are both cheap and plentiful. that way you still keep the retro feel of the watch with the velcro band and you can keep the originator alive (:
    I'll look into this, I do like the velcro band!

At eBay Germany (Ebay.de) old DW-004 are sold now and then. You can canibalize one of them to fix yours, but if you want the same color, you might have to wait for many weeks or months.

Nice watch, by the way : )

Good luck,

G.

Yahoo Japan is a Japanese ebay basically and frequently and rebuild kits for older models.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Casios:
    BG-182V-1V#DB-34H (needs forward button)#3 DW-003-9V 1597#DW-003-4V 1597#DW-004 Xtreme 1826#DW-5600E 1545#DW-6630B-9 1199#2 DW-6900 1289#DW 6900 1557#DW-6900WCJ-9ER (FIFA)#5 F-91W (4 need batts)#G-2300 2184 (won't turn on)#G-2500 2266 (looking for a new module)#TRW-100 (Needs new seal...leaks)#W-93H (Crystal and screws)Fossils:FS-3042Relics:ZR-11431 (bat)Mathey Tissots:MT-MGSRB-4081 (bat & crystal)

Quote Originally Posted by handieeeeee View Post
    Yahoo Japan is a Japanese ebay basically and frequently and rebuild kits for older models.

+1
    just checked yahoo japan myself and saw some nice samples of DW-004 at various price... and condition.

Thread Information