Can you go scuba diving with a Mudman? Yes you can!

Thread: Can you go scuba diving with a Mudman? Yes you can!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can you go scuba diving with a Mudman? Yes you can!

Just came back from a week long diving trip tonight and i thought i'd throw up photo on the forums before i get some much needed sleep. Story behind this photo is that it was my second last dive of the day, i'd jumped in the water and realised instantly i'd forgot to take off my trusty Mudman. We'd taken tender from the boat out to the dive site, so i couldn't just throw it back on the dive deck, and not wanting to ruin my dive i decided to carry on. This being my fourth dive of the day i wasn't able to get much depth to really test out the Mudman's underwater abilities (dive boat operators really frown on reverse profiling), but 18 meters is still quite impressive for the little Mudman.

Sorry about the blueness in the photo, i'm a little lazy to open up photoshop and adjust the white balance.

Re: Can you go scuba diving with a Mudman? Yes you can!

Still an awesome shot! Thanks for sharing...

Nice story and photo. It's great to see it held up well at that depth. They're rated for deeper, but you never know until you give it a try. It sounds like a fun trip too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You can never go wrong with underwater shots with Gs!!!

Simply love snaps like this one!!!

thanks Spacenoodle.

best regards,

Kirk M.

GWF-1000-1JF
    GDF-100
    GW-9110-1JF
    GW-9400BJ-1JF
    GD-350-1JF
    G-700D
    DW-9052
    DW-9500
    DW-5900
    DW-7400

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

of course you can scuba diving with a mudman as with any other g-shock. if the gasket is in good shape (and well greased) and the four backscrews are tighten well and not wedged, what should happen? this is the reason I usually open up any new g-shock I got, make sure the gasket is okay, lubricate it and after closing, I can be certain that the screws are positioned, like they are supposed to be.

great underwater shot btw. it looks like you had a lot of fun in the wet element

regards, holger
    Last edited by cal..45; February 19th, 2009 at 16:28.
    We are 12.6 %

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Very nice. It's always good to see a G in the wild.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

nice shot, i myself have taken my mudman on my certification dives, i had then used it to time my 3 daily dives.

where are you from and where was your dive?
    in theory, theory and practice are much less the same, in practice it is hardly the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenoodle View Post
    Just came back from a week long diving trip tonight and i thought i'd throw up photo on the forums before i get some much needed sleep. Story behind this photo is that it was my second last dive of the day, i'd jumped in the water and realised instantly i'd forgot to take off my trusty Mudman. We'd taken tender from the boat out to the dive site, so i couldn't just throw it back on the dive deck, and not wanting to ruin my dive i decided to carry on. This being my fourth dive of the day i wasn't able to get much depth to really test out the Mudman's underwater abilities (dive boat operators really frown on reverse profiling), but 18 meters is still quite impressive for the little Mudman.

Sorry about the blueness in the photo, i'm a little lazy to open up photoshop and adjust the white balance.
    Really nice shoot!

But 18 meters is no problem for a proper G with tight seals. It can easily go 10 times deeper then that, might even go 20 times deeper no problems!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Excellent post!. love to see watches in their element ;)

20 Bar (which is what most G-shocks seem to be rated for - someone correct me if I am wrong please) is roughly about 650 feet of sea water. 650 feet is equal to about 198 meters.

I don't understand the readings on your depth gauge there so you'll have to explain it to us, but if 18 meters depth is what it is showing there (about 60 feet) then you should be good to go.

From what I can remember from dive class a looooong time ago, I am betting the a G-shock can go a LOT deeper than the open water scuba diver can. :)

"The 6600 - good enough for the SEALs, good enough for me in the pool :) "

:)
    Eric

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information