Can you help me find Casio Pathfinder PAW1500Y-1?

Thread: Can you help me find Casio Pathfinder PAW1500Y-1?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you help me find Casio Pathfinder PAW1500Y-1?

I've been looking for this Amazon exclusive PAW1500Y-1 for quite sometime now and need some help in trying to track one down. I do realize that the PRW-1500YJ-1JF is almost the exact same watch but it is only metric where the PAW is metric and imperial (or at least that is what I've been told). Can anyone verify this?

There is one on ebay right now but it has a scratch on the screen.

Name:  $(KGrHqQOKpME0VKHPTOzBNZprZJ)iQ~~_3.jpg
Views: 5755
Size:  198.4 KB

Picture Re: Can you help me find Casio Pathfinder PAW1500Y-1?

Another taking up the challenge of seeking "The Heart of Darkness" Chino Watch has stock of the PRW @ $468, I would look at the module numbers carefully some of the later JDM Protrek's do offer both metric & imperial measurement, with only Tokyo being locked to metric.

If your mind is set on the PAW then only the used market can help, placing a WTB post here WUS is a good a place as any to start. if the "Atomic" feature is not a must then look to a PRG-130Y as these have both measurements, however they are also very thin on the ground. This being said as an international model there are more outlets for them. personally I have only ever seen two in retail outlets and one of them I am wearing now...

The best negative display of all Casio's, you can literally get lost in the depth of this display...

"The Heart of Darkness" awaits

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; March 8th, 2011 at 16:51.

Re: Can you help me find Casio Pathfinder PAW1500Y-1?

Quote Originally Posted by Queen6 View Post
    Another taking up the challenge of seeking "The Heart of Darkness" Chino Watch has stock of the PRW @ $468, I would look at the module numbers carefully some of the later JDM Protrek's do offer both metric & imperial measurement, with only Tokyo being locked to metric.

If your mind is set on the PAW then only the used market can help, placing a WTB post here WUS is a good a place as any to start. if the "Atomic" feature is not a must then look to a PRG-130Y as these have both measurements, however they are also very thin on the ground. This being said as an international model there are more outlets for them. personally I have only ever seen two in retail outlets and one of them I am wearing now...

The best negative display of all Casio's, you can literally get lost in the depth of this display...

"The Heart of Darkness" awaits

Q-6
    Thank you for the info, very helpful. Do you happen to know which module number actually has both imperial and metric?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

3206 for the PRG, 3203 for the JDM PRW, 3205 for the european PRW. The PRG definitely has both, the rest I am unsure of, however the euro will have both

Q-6

Edited by Moderator

No sales-related posts on discussion forums, please.

Last edited by tribe125; March 13th, 2011 at 03:48.
    "A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure."

I was looking for the 1500Y-1 also, but had no luck in the stores. I bought the 1500T-7V (with the titanium band) and replaced it with a black resin band by calling Casio and ordering the parts. It looks a lot like the 1500Y with a hint of grey, which I think looks unique and a nicer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The PRG-130Y is currently very abundant on the e-bay for $250 +/-

Quote Originally Posted by Valaker View Post
    This is the best option if you can live without the "Atomic" feature, as the 130Y is both metric & imperial, and even these are much thinner on the ground than the regular 130

Q-6

Quote Originally Posted by Valaker View Post
    This was my route when my 1500Y search bore no fruit. To my surprise, I don't really miss the atomic feature as much as I thought I would. Ended up being a great purchase.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

I find it ridiculous how Casio intentionally introduces these "rare" versions and people actually fall for it... got to have it. Some guy is selling one now on eBay and stating that the last list price they saw was $1200. RIGHT. Nevertheless, it's a 10 day auction and you can see a bunch of people already jumped in within a couple hours of it appearing (you know there must be a lot of them with e-mail triggers matching the criteria).

I'd rather get a PAW1300Y and just make a few minor mods to make it look similar, rather than paying some outrageous "virtual value" price.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information