Can you switch the screen - display of a G?

Thread: Can you switch the screen - display of a G?

Inactive

Can you switch the screen - display of a G?

I was at some old watch store the other day here in Brasil. This guy was showing me all these old G-Shock parts that he had. He had a bunch of silver/gold "screens/displays" (I am nor sure what you call them. Here in Brasil we call them "telas".). I was wondering if it was possible to change a gold screen to a silcer or vica versa? Thanks!
    Last edited by slugpillow32; May 14th, 2011 at 23:46.

Inactive

Re: Can you switch the screen - display of a G?

bump

The displays / screens are part of the module and these aren't usually interchangeable between models.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

Thanks for the reply. I was just thinking of maybe picking up a extra DW-5600 "gold version" screen that I saw the other day in an old watch shop, just in case something ever happened to the one I am using now. :)

You can contact Casio Parts (or, I use American Perfit) and ask for the part number and a quote for a paticular piece. What you're looking for is the LCD. I've ordered two LCDs of different colors for my G9000 Mudmans. The part is relatively easy to change out and I know there are tutorials on here showing how to break down a 5600. I don't know how much the particular part you are looking for would cost, but the LCDs I oredered were only $5.50 each plus shipping. If they do not have the part in stock, it may take 4-6 weeks to receive it.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Thread Information