canada custom tax and fees

Thread: canada custom tax and fees

canada custom tax and fees

i recently bought a watch just under $200cnd from overeas.to avoid custom fees seller marks the box as gift and invoice the actual cost or show the invoice about about $120s or less to avoid custom fees.or reduce actual cost and mark it as gift.because i read that some canadians havent paid any custom fees eventhough their order were about $450.

Re: canada custom tax and fees

I've ordered two GA-100-1A1's, one from the States and one from the UK, paid around $110'ish for both, and I didn't pay any customs duty. Though I have to say Canada Customs does mover slower than molasses when it comes to inspecting and releasing the package for delivery, particularly if the package is to be delivered by Canada Post. If you get it delivered through private couriers they get cleared within a day, specially UPS. I've had this confirmed by UPS and Canada Post, who are about as clueless as a toddler in a titty bar.

The problem I've had with things sent by UPS is that the bill ends up being over $50. Sometimes the customs/duty is a dollar, and UPS charges $50 for being the agent. That doesn't happen if it is a company like Sierra Trading Post, but off eBay, yikes.

I never pay more than $100 for a watch, so haven't run into that problem with my watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

To be honest I have nothing good to say about Canada customs Very slow and painful the worst
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

I bought a gw-s5600 from japan for $285usd. On delivery I had to pay an extra $60+cdn for duty fees. BS!!!

i bought a prg5000 .the seller told me that it will be marked as gift and the price will be reduced on deceleration paper.one other experience seller with much feedback told me that canadian custom most likely to hold my watch up to a few months if the seller marks the watch as gift ! but the watch i bought from marked it as gift !!!lol.i ll post my experience asap once i get it

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

I don't think I have to remind all of you that discussion on circumventing and breaking the law is something we don't like on WUS.

As far as I am aware, I don't know of any country that will treat packages differently whether they're marked gift or not. If it's coming into the country, it's coming into the country to get taxed (exception of EU region rules and tax free countries).

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

+1
    I've been dinged by customs in this way too.

This is why I buy all my G-shocks at Zellers, The Bay or Sears whenever they have the 25% or 35% sales.
    Ghobbit

Two things in life are certain: Death and taxes.
    To quote Bruce Hornsby and Range - That's just the way it is...
    I got stung by Canada Customs to the tune of 70 CAD for my GW5000.
    On other occasions I've been charged nothing; it's all swings and roundabouts.
    Last edited by Pelican; August 17th, 2010 at 02:08.

Thread Information