Canadians - price alert, The Bay. All Casios 50-percent off.
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Canadians - price alert, The Bay. All Casios 50-percent off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadians - price alert, The Bay. All Casios 50-percent off.

See today's Bay flyer. All Casios 50-percent off. I popped over to the Bay at West Edmonton Mall and they had one solar/atomic Gulfman GW9100-1, Cdn MSRP $249.99. I grabbed it. This particular store didn't have a very good selection, but the Bay in your location might.

Happy hunting.

Cheers from Edmonton, Alberta.

Tim

Re: Canadians - price alert, The Bay. All Casios 50-percent off.

Thanks, will check it out!

wemedge
    It's 1700hrs somewhere...

Will swing by Bay tomorrow to have a look... thanks for heads up...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I went to the Bay in Winnipeg, the Polo Park location a couple days ago which was, Friday and saw a cheap $19.99 Casio. I thought I could get it for around $10, but the sales guy wouldn't give me 50% off. I asked him why showing the sign and he told me that watches ending with prices ".99" are not promotional prices that those are regular and there are no discounts on those particular watches. They did have some other watches, some analog/digital combo Waveceptor ones with a price of $89 something with the price crossed out and below the 50% discounted price of around $45. The sale was for yellow and white ticketed items. But I asked him if the cheaper Casio I was looking at wasn't discounted, why did it have a white ticket and why is it in the same display case as some other Casio discounted 50% off? He said they ran out of room in the other Casio "regular priced" watch case and had to move some of the overstock to the "discounted case", even though they weren't on sale.

Frankly, I think his explanation was total B.S. and misleading. I also though if it was true, putting those regular priced Casios in the same case with the discounted Casios, with the big sign saying 50% off all Casio watches, is also very misleading and confusing to the customer and shouldn't even be in the discounted case, even if they did run out of room. Also, there is a possibility the sales guy didn't know what he was talking about and I got screwed on on the price discount. So I walked away empty handed.

Quote Originally Posted by polod View Post
    I went to the Bay in Winnipeg, the Polo Park location a couple days ago which was, Friday and saw a cheap $19.99 Casio. I thought I could get it for around $10, but the sales guy wouldn't give me 50% off. I asked him why showing the sign and he told me that watches ending with prices ".99" are not promotional prices that those are regular and there are no discounts on those particular watches. They did have some other watches, some analog/digital combo Waveceptor ones with a price of $89 something with the price crossed out and below the 50% discounted price of around $45. The sale was for yellow and white ticketed items. But I asked him if the cheaper Casio I was looking at wasn't discounted, why did it have a white ticket and why is it in the same display case as some other Casio discounted 50% off? He said they ran out of room in the other Casio "regular priced" watch case and had to move some of the overstock to the "discounted case", even though they weren't on sale.

Frankly, I think his explanation was total B.S. and misleading. I also though if it was true, putting those regular priced Casios in the same case with the discounted Casios, with the big sign saying 50% off all Casio watches, is also very misleading and confusing to the customer and shouldn't even be in the discounted case, even if they did run out of room. Also, there is a possibility the sales guy didn't know what he was talking about and I got screwed on on the price discount. So I walked away empty handed.

You are right. The explanation is BS and goes against advertising law. The watch was clearly in the discount case where the sign read ALL watches 50% off in the case.

Discount case: ALL watches in that case should be marked down. If there's a watch for example that has been mistakenly placed there it doesn't matter. The sale price as displayed on the counter should be honored.

It depends on the salesperson you get. I had a situation where a G-shock was in that cabinet. The price rang up on the register as having no discount. The sales girl asked her supervisor who said that if it's in the case then the price as advertised should be honored. So I got the discount.

After it was rung up and paid I asked about warranty, and the sales girl asked another senior person who happened to be walking by and she took one look at the receipt and said to the sales girl this watch shouldn't be on discount because it ended in .97. The young girl told her the other supervisor said discount must be honored. Clearly this senior sales person didn't seem to happy about that decision, but it was a done deal.

The first senior sales person was correct. It was in the cabinet where ALL watches were marked down - and so the advertised price MUST be honored. Clearly the second senior person was in error.

It is well known in the retail industry. Even if an item had been incorrectly ticketed, the price must be honored as advertised.

My mother told me about a case in England long ago where a fur coat was incorrectly marked as 100 pounds when it should have been 1000 pounds (decimal point in the wrong place). A lady happened to be walking by at that instant and rushed in to buy the coat. The store had to sell her the coat for the price advertised. Naturally this was a long time ago, in the late 60s - probably the only fur coat you could get today for 1000 pounds would be rat fur.

You might try another Bay, or when a different shift salesperson is there.
    Last edited by Ghobbit; March 30th, 2008 at 19:06. Reason: clarification
    Ghobbit

Polod: that's too bad. Good help is hard to find these days, right?

Slightly OT, but I have been keeping my eyes on retail G-Shock prices in Canada for more than one year now. A good G-Shock friend of mine in Vancouver started alerting me whenever Gs showed up in the Bay's clearance counter.

So we have both been monitoring our respective Bay stores (in Vancouver and here in Edmonton) on a regular basis, and sure enought, Bay stores in our cities seem to regularly rotate Gs into their clearance showcases. The 'clearance' showcases are usually priced at 30-percent off the last ticketed price (which is usually 20-30 percent less than the MSRP.) So there can be real savings to be had if you have the time and inclination to watch their clearance watches.

Last year they had a bunch of GW002KAs (solar, atomic) reduced to about $C38. I picked up some for x-mas gifts.

Anyhow, I would try another Bay or go back and make a point with a supervisor.

Cheers.

Tim

Well I did get some good deals last year. Last summer I went to The Bay, in downtown Winnipeg and they had 20% off all Casios and then they had another display with more Casio watches marked down an additional 50%. They had several Casio (2913) GW-002KA Solar/Atomic G-shock watches. I bought 4 of them for around $36. I think it was the same sale/watch as somebody else mentioned in the previous thread. They honored that deal, so basically I got 70% off regular price. That was a very good deal to get those watches that cheap. I lucked out that time.

Went into the bay today, they had a 30% off sale. Very limited selection, cockpits and a couple 2300's.

Anyone in Toronto happen to notice if there were any pathfinder/pro-trek models and if they were also %50 off? Also, could someone tell me how long the sale is on for?

Quote Originally Posted by sgireland View Post
    Anyone in Toronto happen to notice if there were any pathfinder/pro-trek models and if they were also %50 off? Also, could someone tell me how long the sale is on for?
    Don't know if that 50% was in Western canada only, but in Toronto all I saw was 30% off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information