Can't browse PacParts any more?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike K
  • 1 Post By nagpal

Thread: Can't browse PacParts any more?

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    471

    Can't browse PacParts any more?

    Anyone else notice PacParts is not letting you in without an account no./password? And it seems you can't just sign up, you have to be a dealer/repair center or something

    I'm sure many of us frequent them for parts, so if they're local to you, please call and ask how to access their part database. I hope it turns out to be an inadvertent mistake..

  2. #2
    lvt
    lvt is offline
    Member lvt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    The dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    16,809

    Re: Can't browse PacParts any more?

    Is it related to US government shutdown ? :P
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

  3. #3
    Member Mike K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    5,784

    Re: Can't browse PacParts any more?

    Please define "browse," and/or try your search again?

    I just did a "Search by Model Number" on the DW-5600 and got the usual list of "hits" -- they've recently updated that first screen listing "1-10 of 77" models to include PICTURES for those who don't know if they've got a DW-5600-BC-1B or a DW-5600-E.

    Name:  pictures list.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  53.2 KB

    Then when I selected the DW-5600-E, it gave me the usual list of parts:

    Name:  dw-5600-e parts.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  87.4 KB


    No account number or password needed.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member xevious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about
    Posts
    6,100

    Re: Can't browse PacParts any more?

    Quote Originally Posted by nagpal View Post
    Anyone else notice PacParts is not letting you in without an account no./password? And it seems you can't just sign up, you have to be a dealer/repair center or something

    I'm sure many of us frequent them for parts, so if they're local to you, please call and ask how to access their part database. I hope it turns out to be an inadvertent mistake..
    I take it your request for someone to contact them who is "local", suggests you're not in the USA? I wonder if PacParts has disabled the ability for people external to the USA to browse their parts database.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

  6. #5
    Member Mike K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    5,784

    Re: Can't browse PacParts any more?

    Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    I wonder if PacParts has disabled the ability for people external to the USA to browse their parts database.
    I was wondering if PacPart's recent "website updates" -- combined with the time of the OP's post in the pre-dawn hours where PacParts is located -- might have temporarily disabled the database!
    xevious likes this.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    471

    Re: Can't browse PacParts any more?

    Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    I take it your request for someone to contact them who is "local", suggests you're not in the USA?
    Correct, I'm not.

    Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    I wonder if PacParts has disabled the ability for people external to the USA to browse their parts database.
    I was thinking along similar lines, but then I thought they'd have a global clientele so it wouldn't make business sense for them to do that.
    Anyway, it's back now
    Chrisek likes this.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    471

    Re: Can't browse PacParts any more?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I was wondering if PacPart's recent "website updates" -- combined with the time of the OP's post in the pre-dawn hours where PacParts is located -- might have temporarily disabled the database!
    Possibly. Yesterday I wasn't able to look up anything, and a page with Account No./Password came up (just like the login page Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc.).
    Then I left them an offline message, and they got back to me saying that I should be able to search using Model # or Part #, which I see is possible now.

    Thanks all!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •