Can't browse PacParts any more?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike K
  • 1 Post By nagpal

Thread: Can't browse PacParts any more?

Can't browse PacParts any more?

Anyone else notice PacParts is not letting you in without an account no./password? And it seems you can't just sign up, you have to be a dealer/repair center or something

I'm sure many of us frequent them for parts, so if they're local to you, please call and ask how to access their part database. I hope it turns out to be an inadvertent mistake..

lvt

Re: Can't browse PacParts any more?

Is it related to US government shutdown ? :P
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Please define "browse," and/or try your search again?

I just did a "Search by Model Number" on the DW-5600 and got the usual list of "hits" -- they've recently updated that first screen listing "1-10 of 77" models to include PICTURES for those who don't know if they've got a DW-5600-BC-1B or a DW-5600-E.

Name:  pictures list.JPG
Views: 162
Size:  53.2 KB

Then when I selected the DW-5600-E, it gave me the usual list of parts:

Name:  dw-5600-e parts.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  87.4 KB

No account number or password needed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by nagpal View Post
    Anyone else notice PacParts is not letting you in without an account no./password? And it seems you can't just sign up, you have to be a dealer/repair center or something

I'm sure many of us frequent them for parts, so if they're local to you, please call and ask how to access their part database. I hope it turns out to be an inadvertent mistake..
    I take it your request for someone to contact them who is "local", suggests you're not in the USA? I wonder if PacParts has disabled the ability for people external to the USA to browse their parts database.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    I wonder if PacParts has disabled the ability for people external to the USA to browse their parts database.
    I was wondering if PacPart's recent "website updates" -- combined with the time of the OP's post in the pre-dawn hours where PacParts is located -- might have temporarily disabled the database!
    xevious likes this.

I take it your request for someone to contact them who is "local", suggests you're not in the USA?
    Correct, I'm not.

I wonder if PacParts has disabled the ability for people external to the USA to browse their parts database.
    I was thinking along similar lines, but then I thought they'd have a global clientele so it wouldn't make business sense for them to do that.
    Anyway, it's back now
    Chrisek likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I was wondering if PacPart's recent "website updates" -- combined with the time of the OP's post in the pre-dawn hours where PacParts is located -- might have temporarily disabled the database!
    Possibly. Yesterday I wasn't able to look up anything, and a page with Account No./Password came up (just like the login page Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc.).
    Then I left them an offline message, and they got back to me saying that I should be able to search using Model # or Part #, which I see is possible now.

Thanks all!

Thread Information