can't call me the battery virgin anymore

Thread: can't call me the battery virgin anymore

can't call me the battery virgin anymore

I changed my battery!

So this is how it went...

1) 30 minutes trying to unscrew the back open with a screwdriver that is too small...

2) 3 screws came off but somehow mess up the 4th screw... and now whatever I do, it just wont come off...

3) After countless tries, the screw wouldn't come off and so I just force the back open with my bare hand... doing so, I broke the last screw.

4) luckily when the screw flew out, everything inside is still intact.

5) now it's time for the battery latch! which took 20 minutes

6) I couldn't find the right tool... and decided that I don't need any tool for it afterall, again I forced it open with my bare hand (fingernail) :-D

7) After I put in the battery... the watch had no display! OMG! took me another 5 minutes to find the AC reset, and I simply used a needle and poked at it...hoping for the best.

8) now everything is back in order, but the button wouldnt work. I guess because they were misaligned. Anyways, I don't know what I did to fix this problem, but I pressed my buttons for about 40 times and that somehow aligned the button with the movement again. I tested out the lamp and the alarm and everything is ALRIGHT!

9) I just want to say I love this whole experience and overall it wasn't so hard. But I don't think my watch is waterproof anymore because I lost one screw, hopefully in the future, I'll drop by a shop and find the right screw for it

maybe next time I change a battery on my watch, it'll at most takes 10 minutes

Re: can't call me the battery virgin anymore

Well, alls well that ends well. I have to admit, my first time was probably similar. You really shoudl invest in a cheap set of "jewlers" screwdrivers. Thats probably the most basic tool!

Congrats!!!

First picture... is just to show you guys my little lightbulb g-shock, the watch next to it is just something that I bought for 2 dollars on my last visit to Hong Kong

The bottom pic is my watch after an hour of struggle to give it a new battery, and of course, you can seee that it's now running well

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

well least you managed it... not sure i approve of the methods, but its not my watch... yet... someday ALL g-shocks will be mine... ooops nope sorry got myself confused with sjors and ozzie there....

one Q though... are they nails sticking in the watch???? :-S

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    well least you managed it... not sure i approve of the methods, but its not my watch... yet... someday ALL g-shocks will be mine... ooops nope sorry got myself confused with sjors and ozzie there....

one Q though... are they nails sticking in the watch???? :-S
    yeah not sure if I approve of the method myself, haha :-D

I guess it's more luck than skill on my part

Hopefully the next time I'll go through it with no sweat

Battery latch: use a sewing needle, simply put it in the square hole and gently press the latch tang till it pops out.

Hard to explain but if you do it right it is dead easy and the latch pops open with no scratches or damage of any sort in about 1/10th of a second.

I have been there trying to force it with small screwdriver etc....using a needle works perfectly I promise!!

Wink Re: can't call me the battery virgin anymore

Hi Carrot,

Great tip, I will think of it at the next battery change.

100Q's,

congrats on your first Mission-G. The microlight shot is very funny with that cheap Hong Kong watch. It's backlight looks a bit like those fake G-2000 models.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thumbs Up Re: can't call me the battery virgin anymore

Yo Carrot, the Needle release is a SUperb methode, THANKS!!!!!

SjrS
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information