Cant put in the strap adaptor for frogman HELP !!

Thread: Cant put in the strap adaptor for frogman HELP !!

Cant put in the strap adaptor for frogman HELP !!

Please help me out !!

I tried to put on the adaptor to my new frogman but the spring cant fit to the adaptor and keep coming out, anyone have any idea to put it on ? :thanks

Many Thanks

Re: Cant put in the strap adaptor for frogman HELP !!

I'm having a hard time imagining what's happening there.

What type of strap adapters are you using? Are you using the original spring bars?

The spring bars usually go into the hole of the strap adapter first and then you put one end into the lug after the other.

If you're talking about the rubber one that adapt for a zulu type band I've had trouble with them before. They tend to be a little big sometimes. I've had to use a knife and cut some of the excess rubber from the edges on the part that goes into the well of the watch where the spring bar go. Or just press it and flex it back and forth till the spring snaps into place.

If the spring cannot fit into the adapter you might have the wrong one. Is the hole too thin or are you saying they pop off after you "think" you have the adapters installed? If the later is the case I think you just don't have the pins in the mounting points properly or it's such a tight squeeze there is pressure on them encouraging them to pop out more readily. Carving down the size with a knife should help with both issues unless I'm completely misunderstanding the situation.

Good luck.

BTW, a couple thousand words worth of pictures would help us all understand this much better.
    Last edited by natornate; October 6th, 2009 at 22:22.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I bought the adaptor from westcoastime and I using the orginal spring bars, the problem is when I attached the zulu strap on it and put the watch on my wrist, once I pull the strap one side of the adaptor will coming out. I dont have any proper equipment to do it that's another problem. Properly I have to bring my watch to the watch repairer to put on the adaptor........

Sounds like the springbars aren't in properly. It can be tricky to get both sides into their respective holes, especially if you don't have a proper springbar tool. Put in one side first (the "bottom"), then compress the "top" of the pin and then move the springbar into place. You might have to wiggle it around a bit to get the pin to lock into position. When you think both sides are secure, give the adapter a tug and make sure both sides of the pin are in place.

Spring bar tools can be had for cheap, and are absolutely vital if you are into watches.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=spring+bar+tool&_frs=1&_sop=15&_trksid =p3286.c0.m359
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Thanks for the tips Simon !! sooner or later I need to buy the tools but for now I properly go the watch repair store to fix it, cant wait to put the beauty on my wrist...

While I have the tools a small screwdriver has always worked well for me. You just need to be persistent and work it in and make sure you hear the click of the pin going into the hole. Then test it before putting it on. Don't be afraid to shave off some of the adapter so it fits right either. I just cannot see paying anyone to do something like this. It's almost like paying someone to wear the watch for you. Besides my experiences with watch/jewelry stores has been less than satisfying.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

Getting the spring bars back in can be very tricky. With practice though you'll be popping them in no problem. I sucked at it first, but once you get the technique down it's much easier.

Thread Information