Caring for the frog and other Gs using these

Thread: Caring for the frog and other Gs using these

Banned

Caring for the frog and other Gs using these

hi all,i would like your opinion in using cape cod cloth for the scratch removal for the titanium and stainless steel.is it effective in removing them? and also is this glass scratch remover i found from ebay(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3004wt_754) effective in removing the scratch from the either frogman and dw6900 watch face? any help and answers is appreciated

Re: Caring for the frog and other Gs using these

A Cape Cod cloth will remove minor surface scratches but will also polish the surface so shouldn't be used on brushed or bead-blasted surfaces. I don't know the jeweller's paste you have found but I wouldn't be too optimistic about removing scratches from mineral or sapphire crystals.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Suspended

Cape Cod Cloth should only be used on polished stainless steel. For Ti, you'll need something more abrasive.

That eBay product will likely polish out an acrylic crystal, but won't do anything to mineral glass. Removing scratches from mineral glass is next to impossible and requires a lot of work with increasing grit of sandpaper and finally ending with diamond paste. The results are usually not satisfactory as the abrasion will not be uniform and you will get that wavy appearance like looking through very old glass.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by azraelz View Post
    hi all,i would like your opinion in using cape cod cloth for the scratch removal for the titanium and stainless steel.is it effective in removing them? and also is this glass scratch remover i found from ebay(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110424556021&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3004wt_754) effective in removing the scratch from the either frogman and dw6900 watch face? any help and answers is appreciated
    I'm a big Cape Cod fan from my Panerai days and from polishing knives. It can get everything from tiny swirlies to shallow dings, according to the time and pressure you use. Some Paneristi never leave home without taking a Cape Cod cloth with them. But it won't work for anything with a brushed, bead-blasted or textured surface, as it polishes the texture out and then looks uneven. Most titanium has some texturing like this. Titanium is its own art, which I will probably get into now that I have some Protreks with ti bracelets. You can use pencil erasers I hear. Don't know about acrylic crystal or sapphire....

--Greg

Thread Information