Casio@Walmart

Thread: [email protected]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

[email protected]

I've noticed my local Walmart super center is phasing out Casio non G-Shocks,apparently in favor of Chinese cheapo digital and analogs which they now have tons of. They also seem to be moving out their Timex displays in favor of the low end junk.
    Anyone else notice this going on at your Walmart?

Re: [email protected]

My local Wally World phased out Casios a while back. Shame.

This is news why? China-mart is, after all, THE low end of retail.

Josh

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.B. View Post
    This is news why?
    The topic has no less merit than such gemmies as 'What watch should I buy?' and 'Is this watch fake?'.

Agree with you about 'China Mart' though.

I wasn't commenting on the merit of the post, I agree it has merit. I was commenting on the "why", as you understood. Just pleasant discussion, that's all. My opening question was meant as a bit of sarcasm. I could use a little emoticon to convey sarcasm, it's sometimes hard to convey in simple writing........

Josh

No prob, happens to me all the time. I still remember the post I made where I said something like, "That's the shi%" by way of compliment and the OP thought I was denigrating his watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dougcee View Post
    . . . the low end junk.

Anyone else notice this going on at your Walmart?
    I think you answered your own question there. All I ever see at Walmart is "low end junk" and Casio products have a much better reputation than that. The last time I saw G-Shocks in a display case, I was in Nordstrom's, a clean, organized retailer with exceptional customer service . . . the opposite of Walmart.

I thought about it for a few minutes and decided that if I were a Casio / G-Shock brand manager, I'd find it really hard to position a brand that could fit in at either Walmart or Nordstrom's. Casio makes some basic digital watches with a $14.99 MSRP; I guess those would be the ones I'd want to put in the discount stores while reserving the G-Shock brand for upscale or specialty retailers.

Peace

Mike

Gee,
    This topic seems to elicit a lot of emotion!! Walmart sells a lot of junk, but some excellent products too. I suppose other WM's have made the transition away from Casios sooner that the one nearest me, that's why I asked the question. I buy most of mine online anyway!
    Thanks for your opinions! .

My walmarts tend to never put the casios on sale and carry alot of $hitty non G's. The Timexs... they seem to carry alot of different ones but only 1 of each

Same situation here. I used to see some great prices on classic G's at my local Walmart, but now they're almost all gone. Target, too, for that matter... thank God Al Gore invented the internet!
    " Don't trust anyone who says they're too good for an SKX007 and claims to be a WIS" - A Pine Tree

Watches: Rolex GMT Master II 16760,
    Rolex Submariner 14060M, Doxa 750T Sharkhunter, Doxa 1200T Professional, Marathon SS Navigator (1992 Kuwait), Seiko SRP777, Seiko SKA427P1, Seiko SKX007, Garmin Fenix 5, Suunto Core and countless G-Shocks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information