Casio 1545 Module Clarity
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Buzzbait
  • 1 Post By kung-fusion

Thread: Casio 1545 Module Clarity

Casio 1545 Module Clarity

I really like the 1545 module used in older G-Shock squares. The one issue with them is display clarity, due to the darker gray and grainy background. Was a model ever produced with a higher clarity 1545 display? Maybe a special edition with a Japan caseback? I'd like to get one and do a module swap in one of my screwback reissues.

Here is an example showing a standard clarity display 1289 module, next to a higher clarity display 1289 module from a DW-6900 stamped "Japan M". I'm after the same thing in a 1545 module.

nigelw likes this.

Re: Casio 1545 Module Clarity

I know what you are talking about, as I have had both of those 6900's as well.

As for the 5600... the DW-5600EG has a clearer, less grainy display compared with the silver version. If you really want a silver LCD, then the DW-5030 screwback has a better display (no grain and better contrast at the viewing angle). But that is a different module number (3421) not a 1545

I do have a DW-5600EG, and it is indeed clearer, but I really want a silver background.

I don't think the 3421 module will do it for me. I'm after a module without a tiny alarm spring (hate those things), hence the quest for an old 1545 instead of a newer 3229.

Maybe the standard 1545 is as good as it gets. I just thought there may have been a "Japan M" special edition DW-5600E in the past, with an upgraded display.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

My DW-5700D has the 1545 module. Seems to have excellent clarity to my eyes.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    I do have a DW-5600EG, and it is indeed clearer, but I really want a silver background.

I don't think the 3421 module will do it for me. I'm after a module without a tiny alarm spring (hate those things), hence the quest for an old 1545 instead of a newer 3229.

Maybe the standard 1545 is as good as it gets. I just thought there may have been a "Japan M" special edition DW-5600E in the past, with an upgraded display.
    Ah yes, your fear of alarm springs is legendary :) Well, I don't know, I have had loads of watches with the 1545 module in the past. 5600's, 5000's, etc. I haven't noticed any of them significantly better than others. Some did look a little different, but I have seen sample variation on the exact same model before as well. Nothing as striking a difference as the two 6900s

FWIW, Casio's newer alarm springs seem to be less likely to fall out than their old springs. You and turn the module upside down and shake it all you want. Unless you pull hard on it (and destroy the spring in the process) it won't fall out
    nigelw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    FWIW, Casio's newer alarm springs seem to be less likely to fall out than their old springs. You and turn the module upside down and shake it all you want. Unless you pull hard on it (and destroy the spring in the process) it won't fall out
    That is very good to know!!!!!!

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I've been noticing that too. Good point to bring up.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thread Information