casio advertisement

Thread: casio advertisement

Exclamation casio advertisement

hi,

Do anyone has an idea why every casio watches that displayed in the advertisement show the same day, date and time? Sun 30 6, 10:58 and 50 sec.... why why? special day in casio history or what?

Thanks

Re: casio advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by hazlanus13 View Post
    hi,

Do anyone has an idea why every casio watches that displayed in the advertisement show the same day, date and time? Sun 30 6, 10:58 and 50 sec.... why why? special day in casio history or what?

Thanks
    I can see why they chose a number like 10:58, but don't know why they chose the day and date.

The hours had to be 10,11, or 12 because it would look better than a single digit number. 12 is an awkward number because of people using / not using the 24-hour clock (which also rules out 13 - 23), and 10 looks better than 11.

One of the minute numerals had to be an 8, to make maximum use of the digit segments. 5 translates into digital form better than most numbers, which may explain why it's 58 rather than, say, 28.

I don't have a theory for the seconds!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I can see why they chose a number like 10:58, but don't know why they chose the day and date.

The hours had to be 10,11, or 12 because it would look better than a single digit number. 12 is an awkward number because of people using / not using the 24-hour clock (which also rules out 13 - 23), and 10 looks better than 11.

One of the minute numerals had to be an 8, to make maximum use of the digit segments. 5 translates into digital form better than most numbers, which may explain why it's 58 rather than, say, 28.

It's almost a palindromic number, sans 1, Just a shot in the dark.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mholje View Post
    It's almost a palindromic number, sans 1, Just a shot in the dark.
    So it is!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Sundays 30 June since the Age of the G began have been in 1985, 91, 96 and 2002.

I think I should try to get out more.

Wink Re: casio advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

Wow Tribe,

That is some clever philosophy. The palindrome (-1) also makes sence. People like symetry, like woth the 13:50 hands with analoge dial, to get a smiling face.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

thanks!

Yeah, I've wondered about this. It looks to me that Casio worked out a configuration which showed off the display/features to their fullest. By using it on every model, it would make it easier for buyers to compare displays too.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    By using it on every model, it would make it easier for buyers to compare displays too.
    Now _this_ makes a lot of sense...

Way to revive an OLD thread!
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

Thread Information