Casio altitude sampling rate

Thread: Casio altitude sampling rate

Casio altitude sampling rate

I wondering if all ProTrek altimeters have so slow altitude sampling rate of two minutes (or so) or some models are better.

I think that because a so slow sampling rate, there are useless for any aerial sport.

I think this limitations is tedious, I would have at least a configuration option (1 second sampling rate / 2 minutes); in fact, the first casio with altimeter, long time ago, have this limitation to save power; but now it is less less important with tough solar, moreover usually when using altimeter (trekking, sking, flying) we are in open air, in sunny days so there is plenty of power; I dont think there is a lot of people who use the altimeter in closed space and/or by night

Sorry for my bad english
    Enrico
    www.altovolo.it

Wink Re: Casio altitude sampling rate

Hi kvochur,

Casio Protrek watches are indeed not made for aviation sports. I don't know the sampling rate of the Suuto's is good for that either. O have a Cateye Altimeter which is OK for parapenting and deltaflying. When it is in Fly mode, it really sucks the (CR2032!) battery empty, while this altimeter isn't even suitable for parachute/base jumbing. Someone I know is an avid parachuter, and he once told me the brand Parachutists use for jumping, but I forgot, these watches are more like jump computers and like Dive computers you can download your data to your computer.

The Altimeters on a ProTrek (and I think on the Suunto too) are more intend for outdoor sports in the mountains (biking, walking). I use my PRG-80 while mountainbiking in France (not to much to my regret). My altimeter has also a loud alarm, to warn you if you go down or up faster than 5m per second.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Casio altitude sampling rate

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi kvochur,

Casio Protrek watches are indeed not made for aviation sports. I don't know the sampling rate of the Suuto's is good for that either. O have a Cateye Altimeter which is OK for parapenting and deltaflying. When it is in Fly mode, it really sucks the (CR2032!) battery empty, while this altimeter isn't even suitable for parachute/base jumbing. Someone I know is an avid parachuter, and he once told me the brand Parachutists use for jumping, but I forgot, these watches are more like jump computers and like Dive computers you can download your data to your computer.

The Altimeters on a ProTrek (and I think on the Suunto too) are more intend for outdoor sports in the mountains (biking, walking). I use my PRG-80 while mountainbiking in France (not to much to my regret). My altimeter has also a loud alarm, to warn you if you go down or up faster than 5m per second.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Do you get time to look at any altimeter when base jumping?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Casio altitude sampling rate

Quote Originally Posted by englishperson View Post
    Do you get time to look at any altimeter when base jumping?
    Ha ha EP,

Good question, I didn't think bout that

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information