Casio combi bracelet for 5610
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Casio combi bracelet for 5610

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casio combi bracelet for 5610

How easy is it to adjust a combi bracelet?

Re: Casio combi bracelet for 5610

Super easy. The links are attached with springbars. Its not like many other watch bracelets that use pins that have to be punched out. In fact, I'd say adjusting the bracelet is actually easier than installing a G-Shock bracelet.

Seeing this thread has me Googling GW-M5610BC and being very tempted by yet another G...

Quick question, it seems from many photos that the black on the bracelet is of a slightly different shade to the resin bezel, is this the case when seen in real life? This model is not sold here so I've no way of seeing it in real life, so any input would be much appreciated

I've also been considering the GW-A1000FC-1A, as I need a combi bracelet model in my collection . This model doesn't seem to have the difference in shade between the bezel and the bracelet, and I'm keen on having colour consistency between the watch and the strap
    bruno_sfc likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  GW5000bracelet.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  180.7 KB

Sorry about reposting this for the umpteenth time (I need to take more pictures of this combo, but at the moment I switched back to the strap) but the bracelet on mine seems to match the resin well. I was also pleasantly surprised by how easily the links are removed. As mentioned, the links are connected by spring bars. At first, I worried about whether this was a design flaw, but I haven't had any issues with the bracelet coming apart.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Tiktox the only source for one? Are there any similar (hopefully less expensive) alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post

Sorry about reposting this for the umpteenth time (I need to take more pictures of this combo, but at the moment I switched back to the strap) but the bracelet on mine seems to match the resin well. I was also pleasantly surprised by how easily the links are removed. As mentioned, the links are connected by spring bars. At first, I worried about whether this was a design flaw, but I haven't had any issues with the bracelet coming apart.
    Just wondering if these are harder to install than the resin straps? I've always struggled with installing spring bar straps properly, and I dread the thought that these hard resin bracelets will be harder to install

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarli View Post
    Tiktox the only source for one? Are there any similar (hopefully less expensive) alternatives?
    I'm not sure if Tiktox is still alive. I sent them multiple emails a couple weeks back and haven't heard from them yet.

kj2

Quote Originally Posted by computer_freak View Post
    I'm not sure if Tiktox is still alive. I sent them multiple emails a couple weeks back and haven't heard from them yet.
    Emailed them too, the last couple of weeks. Want to order a combi bracelet, but it seems it's out of stock. Emailed them three times, no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarli View Post
    They're in a different part of California, but they're a lot closer to you than Tiktox: Consumer Electronic Parts and Accessories at PacParts, Inc.

Historically, the original Casio strap has been cheapest from Tiktox, even with international shipping!

Here's another, more affordable, bracelet alternative starting in post #4 of this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/gw-...s-1088638.html
    Tsarli likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aalin13 View Post
    Just wondering if these are harder to install than the resin straps? I've always struggled with installing spring bar straps properly, and I dread the thought that these hard resin bracelets will be harder to install
    Your mileage may vary. I think they're not that hard to install, pretty similar to some regular bracelets. My technique is as follows:

Place tape on the lugs if you want to prevent lug scratches.
    Insert one end link between the lugs.
    With one finger, press down on the end link while using the spring bar tool to push one spring bar end into the hole.
    When one end is secure, and with one finger still pressing down, push the remaining spring bar into the remaining hole.

In other words, try to get one spring bar end into the lug hole, then try to push the other end in while pushing down on the end link.

I have a wonky way of doing it, I'm sure. I really hate working with bracelets. It helps if you have a good tool.

I recommend this one: Bergeon 6767 F Spring Bar Tool with Pointed Forked Points Swiss Made | eBay

I use this one with one with all my watches. It's a bit pricey, but it's well made and works well. I wish I had made the investment much earlier.
    Last edited by Ottovonn; August 6th, 2015 at 00:53.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information