Casio and Dakar

Thread: Casio and Dakar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casio and Dakar

good morning,

I have been following the Dakar race daily and caught on to their 'selling' line: the toughest race on the planet, now that it true if one looks at the stats and the number of non-finishers.
    With, a G being the Toughest Watch on the Planet, surely there should have been a Dakar release? I'm not refering to the rally G but a True Dakar edition. My guess will be a Raysman, Gaussman or Mudman judging from all the grime and dirt these guys collect in the few days they are racing.

Anyone know of such a watch?

Thanks,

Pieter

Re: Casio and Dakar

if you look on the back of the g-9000 mudman it has a mole with a steering wheel in his hands well this watch was released for the dalar rally in mind

That explains the back of the Mudman.

I thought it unlikely to be related to the mud racing I've seen on TV, which was the first thing that came to my mind.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

the mudmans shape and place ment of buttons and it ongoing stop watch is all done for easy start stop and let the stop watch run
    i read on the net this was the reason for its shape and they were hoping for a long run with the dakar sponsorship

this is what i found on the we site

G-Shock and Baby-G watches, including water resistance for up to 100 meters, a 1/100-second stopwatch, five alarms, world time and countdown timer. The model is available in a ruggedly styled titanium metal in a gunmetal color for a suggested retail of $350.
    G-Shock’s G9000 is the newest model to be added to G-Shock’s MudMan line. It is not only shock and mud resistant, targeting athletically, “Fast and Furious” types that are into dirty sports such as off-road rally car races, and motorcycle enthusiasts, but also loaded with a host of other cool features. Features include an Auto Dual Illuminator, which illuminates the outer portion of the dial so wearers can also read the words on the dial in addition to the time. Other features are 200 meter water resistance, five alarms, world time, countdown timer and stopwatch. Additionally, it’s case and buttons are completely sealed to prevent any dirt, water and mud from getting into the watch. The model carries a suggested retail of $99.
    “We are excited about the introduction of the new G-Shock MudMan line and newest multi-functional timepieces,” said David Johnson, Vice President of Casio’s Timepiece Division. “Not only are they rugged enough for the outdoors, but it also mud resistant for a very specific type of adventure seeker.”
    G-Shock’s GW800-1AV and Pathfinder’s PAW1100-7V are expected to release in October, while the new MudMan G9000 can be expected in July.

Hello all,
    Thanks for translation and other info dingosrun.

Actually caught some of Dakar on the tube. I saw a variety of watches including a Suunto Vector and what appeared to be a Polar Heartrate monitor type watch (on the wrist of non other than rally legend Carlos Sainz).

I've seen some of the really now and then this year and I can honestly say I've haven't managed to spot (yet) an analogue. Then again, if you see some of the terrain these guys and gals have to bounce around on, you understand why the term "at a glance" is so important.

Sidenote: Some you who are interested should see what the rally was like in the days when it was the "Paris-Dakar" rally. Imagine, having to drive through countries (some not too inviting Soviet/WARSAW Pact) where people are taking shots at you. Robberies where common and the terrain wasn't the only thing that could do you in. Real days of high adventure...

good morning,

thanks for the replys.

i quite like the pic on the back of the new mudman. i looked specifically at the competitiors last night and saw a prg80 and raysman. unfortunately we are limited to 30 min per day in RSA Good race thought this year.

Pieter

Ah, I've been trying to figure out what Carlos Sainz is wearing. Being able to keep track of the heart rate might not be a bad thing when he's digging and pushing himself out of dunes

Though a G-Shock is the most logical watch for the Dakar, it's actually Rodania that seems to have the title of "official" Dakar watch (http://www.rodania.com/index.htm)

I love watching this race, too bad the VW's mechanical troubles let them down.

Matt
    If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on, you see devils tearing your life away. But, if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Picture Re: Casio and Dakar

Can anyone in the US tell me what channel they are catching the coverage on?
    Love my mudman!

This one would be good for Dakar as well!

my friend has been complaining, he can not find it anywhere in cable tv in Boston area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information