Which Casio Do You Prefer

Thread: Which Casio Do You Prefer

Banned

Which Casio Do You Prefer

I am having trouble determining which should get more wrist time.

The G2800 is tougher and feels more substantial, but the digits are lighter, it only has a 60-minute CDT, and the buttons are harder to push.

The WL-500 has bolder numbers, a 24-hour CDT, and easier buttons, but it just feels cheaper.

Hard to decide!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Which Casio Do You Prefer

I would usually pick a G-Shock over other Casios but the G-2800 is one of my least favourites, so I would go for the WL.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

i can't say anything about the WL-500 but i had the G-2800 once. it doesn't have the best module but still one of the better ones in my opinion. the two main reasons why i ultimately gave it to a friend is, that the strap is unfortunately the least comfortable i have encountered to date by any casio watch. i also have a MTG-911 which got exactly the same functions and - contrary to the G-2800's strap - it has one of the best and most comfortable metal bracelets one can imagine. it also looks much better in my opinion.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the display of the WL-500 more. You could wear the WL-500 a week and then the G-2800. If you don't miss the WL-500 then, keep wearing the G-2800. But why would you not give them equal wrist time if you can't decide?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harayasu View Post
    I like the display of the WL-500 more. You could wear the WL-500 a week and then the G-2800. If you don't miss the WL-500 then, keep wearing the G-2800. But why would you not give them equal wrist time if you can't decide?
    Good suggestion. Thanks!

I'm familiar with these dilemma between wearing a G and a non-G. The G has more presence but not necessarily more features. So I came to the conclusion that the best is to go with the feeling of the day. I mean, when you pick your watch in the morning, you'll just see how you feel and if it's a G-day or simply a Casio-day
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

I have the 500 and I think it's great. But I don't wear it that often. It just looks too unusual for me to feel comfortable.

I love the 2800. A friend of mine has one. Until I saw him wearing it, I never cared for its looks. But I like the features and (now) the looks as well. I would definitely wear that more if I owned one. ...On the other hand, I've never worn one so I can't speak for the comfort factor.
    ShockMister

Thread Information