Casio DW-5030C Glass/Crystal Scratched (would like to replace....need help doing so!)

Thread: Casio DW-5030C Glass/Crystal Scratched (would like to replace....need help doing so!)

Casio DW-5030C Glass/Crystal Scratched (would like to replace....need help doing so!)

Hello Folks,

just wanted to reach out to you experts to see how to tackle an issue that I have with my DW-5030C. Great watch BTW! Also own a perfect DW-5030 (THX to RCADDICT!!!)

The glass has a scratch. Please look at this part from pacparts: 91087119089

Is this all I need?

Is there another layer of glass on top of this part?

Also would I need a rubber gasket in order to replace the glass/crystal?

That might be the case according to this ebay auction: 252012919074

Also are there any tutorials/videos online that would describe this replacement?

Please let me know how to proceed. THX and take care!

Re: Casio DW-5030C Glass/Crystal Scratched (would like to replace....need help doing so!)

The part number you quoted is what you need. It's the whole crystal. There's also a packing gasket that surrounds the glass. Nine times out of 10, this gasket remains intact when the old crystal is removed, so you can reuse it. Some crystals come with the packing, some don't; no real rhyme or reason, it's just what is. How bad is the scratch? Does it catch your finger nail if you run it across the scratch? If it doesn't catch, your best bet might be to polish out the scratch rather than replace it.

Here's a link with the advice I followed when I did a couple crystal swaps of my own: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ano...s-1085642.html

Re: Casio DW-5030C Glass/Crystal Scratched (would like to replace....need help doing so!)

Quote Originally Posted by jrp316 View Post
    The part number you quoted is what you need. It's the whole crystal. There's also a packing gasket that surrounds the glass. Nine times out of 10, this gasket remains intact when the old crystal is removed, so you can reuse it. Some crystals come with the packing, some don't; no real rhyme or reason, it's just what is. How bad is the scratch? Does it catch your finger nail if you run it across the scratch? If it doesn't catch, your best bet might be to polish out the scratch rather than replace it.

Here's a link with the advice I followed when I did a couple crystal swaps of my own:
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

yes the scratch is deep enough that a fingernail can get stuck in it. This is what I was looking for. The watch is a great looking one. I've just bought a new bezel for it (I've read that the DW-5600EG's bezel is identical....so i bought that one).

Ok I'll go ahead and order that glass from Pacparts. Might as well order anything else that I can use to refurbish the watch.

Good thing is that the rest of the watch is in perfect shape expect for the gold strap loop (which is in ok shape....looks like it's harder to find so I'll keep this one..it's in good enough shape for my taste).

Love square case screwbacks g-shocks from Casio. Would like to find a DW-5000-1JF (or any reissue besides the 5030). But I'm slowing coming to grips that they are getting more and more expensive to buy (and harder to find)!

THX again jrp316 for your input!!!! I'll follow the post that you've mentioned and try my best to replace the glass on my own.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If I don't win this ebay auction in an hour, I'll be gutting a "regular" 5600-E and doing a crystal/resin swap to emulate the watch that I WOULD have won in the auction haha...
    I looked into it a bit earlier, and it doesn't seem too difficult, especially if you don't mind beating up the old crystal in the process.

I would just get another glass/packing or whatever pacparts calls the crystal o-ring. The one for the 5600 is only $2, so it really can't hurt.
    AWGM100NV-2A / DW5600EB / G5600EB / G9000-1V / GA110BC-9A / G-056
    PRG270-7CR / GM100-8JF / DW6100-1V / AQ33 / AL190WD-8CU(stom)
    Citizen B612 Primo /
    Ракета 24-hour

Thread Information