Casio DW5600C Glass/ Crystal vs DW5600E Question

Thread: Casio DW5600C Glass/ Crystal vs DW5600E Question

Casio DW5600C Glass/ Crystal vs DW5600E Question

Hi

I have a broken DW5600C with cracks on the glass (crystal?). Well... the face.

Can I ask if it's possible to use the glass from 5600E to replace my 5600C's glass ???

Thanks!!

Re: Casio DW5600C Glass/ Crystal vs DW5600E Question

Hi,
    the problem is that those crystals are not sold seperately but only together with the case. The crystal is glued to the case so I don't even know if it's possible to get it out in one piece and then transfer it to the DW-5600C. Apart from that I think the shape of the crystal should be the same so theoretically it should fit - if you can remove it without breaking it. Might be easier to try looking for another DW-5600C. But somebody else might know more. I'm in no way an expert on the vintage models.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Someone used a hairdryer on full power for 10 minutes to remove the crystal - basically involves melting the glue. Not sure how it affects water resistance, but it definitely works.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Swordman View Post
    Someone used a hairdryer on full power for 10 minutes to remove the crystal - basically involves melting the glue. Not sure how it affects water resistance, but it definitely works.
    it was me and only 15 seconds or so. :)

The crystal did use a gasket and glue underneath the crystal. From what I have seen, you can re-glue it anf w.r. should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ttsugar View Post
    it was me and only 15 seconds or so. :)

The crystal did use a gasket and glue underneath the crystal. From what I have seen, you can re-glue it anf w.r. should be fine.
    That is really interesting! Can you please give us a little details on the steps that you took? It would be really helpful to know how to do that so, we could restore the old DW5XXXXs, if we ever needed to...

I did it on a dw-5300 and the crystal is quite thick, 2.0~2.5mm or so and nothing special really, I just heat it for a while, wrap it with a towel and use my thumbs to push old crystal out from inside, again use thumbs to press new crystal in. No crystal press was used.

I did not clean off the glue because it was still in good form so I just install new crystal on old glue. After case cool off, can not remove it with bare hands.

I think WR is basically done by gasket and the glue is more about holding the crystal to the case...
    well, maybe 60% of its existence but don't hold me for that. :)
    Last edited by ttsugar; January 3rd, 2011 at 16:38.

Quote Originally Posted by ttsugar View Post
    I did it on a dw-5300 and the crystal is quite thick, 2.0~2.5mm or so and nothing special really, I just heat it for a while, wrap it with a towel and use my thumbs to push old crystal out from inside, again use thumbs to press new crystal in. No crystal press was used.

I did not clean off the glue because it was still in good form so I just install new crystal on old glue. After case cool off, can not remove it with bare hands.

I think WR is basically done by gasket and the glue is more about holding the crystal to the case...
    well, maybe 60% of its existence but don't hold me for that. :)
    Thanks! So, if I understand it correctly, you ran a blow drier to a DW5300 watch case for 10 minutes and then removed the crystal with a towel wrapped around your thumb. Is that right? What direction did you run the blow drier from? Is it from the under the crystal or on top of the crystal? Any ideas to what type of blow driers we would need? Please let us know. Thanks for the insight...

Thread Information