Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock - go for it or are there better options available in a similar style?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By l_cypher
  • 1 Post By yankeexpress
  • 1 Post By Mike K
  • 1 Post By computer_freak

Thread: Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock - go for it or are there better options available in a similar style?

Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock - go for it or are there better options available in a similar style?

I have my eye on this and the Casio F91W-1 for my son. They kind of look alike which is cool.

I like the Casio DW5600E-1V because it's very simple and a classic look but I want to ask the Casio brain-trust here if there are other models that are similar but may be "better" feature-wise which still remaining basically true to this simple design? I know it's not solar and I do plan on another solar atomic pretty soon (my 11 year old GW-300 doesn't sync anymore - needs a new battery or so I've read) but that's not a must for this purchase.

Your input is appreciated.

- Jacob

Re: Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock - go for it or are there better options available in a similar style?

How about the GW-M5610? It's the more modern variation of the DW-5600. Solar and atomic, stopwatch up to 1000 hours, 24-hour-CDT, 5 alarms (one snooze) and world-time function. A great watch.
    jkpa likes this.
    My watches:
    Sinn 104 St Sa A | Casio CBX-1000 | Casio WV-M120 | Junghans Mega1 | Junghans Olympic

Re: Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock - go for it or are there better options available in a similar style?

Quote Originally Posted by l_cypher View Post
    How about the GW-M5610? It's the more modern variation of the DW-5600. Solar and atomic, stopwatch up to 1000 hours, 24-hour-CDT, 5 alarms (one snooze) and world-time function. A great watch.
    Great suggestion, thanks!! Ordered it and the one for my son. Looks like a great model and kills two birds with one stone as it's both solar and atomic so no need for another watch with those functions. Thanks again!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by l_cypher View Post
    And it's available in several colors.

GW-M5610SD

jkpa likes this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Quote Originally Posted by jkpa View Post
    I have my eye on this and the Casio F91W-1 for my son. They kind of look alike which is cool.

I like the Casio DW5600E-1V because it's very simple and a classic look but I want to ask the Casio brain-trust here if there are other models that are similar but may be "better" feature-wise which still remaining basically true to this simple design? I know it's not solar and I do plan on another solar atomic pretty soon (my 11 year old GW-300 doesn't sync anymore - needs a new battery or so I've read) but that's not a must for this purchase.
    If you're in NJ, the DW-5600E probably offers the most "bang for the buck" -- there aren't any other G's out there for $43 on Amazon or at Walmart. (I can't quite understand why people in the UK and Europe have to pay twice that for the most basic G-Shock Casio makes.)

The DW-6900 is probably the closest in terms of features and price, and can be found for under $50.

The GW-M5610 IS a great watch, but the best price I've seen here recently is about $100.
    jkpa likes this.

Thanks guys for the additional suggestions but the 5610 it is! Looks like a winner. $99 shipped with Amazon Prime.

Since you are considering the non-G F91W....another non-G-Shock is the

STW-1000 is available in 7 or 8 colors

Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

The GW-M5610 has a 24hr STW. The GW-M5600 was the one with the 1,000 hrs. But the 5610 has a longer timer than the GW-M5600 which only had 60 min.

Cheers, Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    And it's available in several colors.

GW-M5610SD
    Given your latest navy trophies, I would've expected you to recommend the GW-M5610NV!

(not my own picture)
    yankeexpress likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    The GW-M5610 has a 24hr STW. The GW-M5600 was the one with the 1,000 hrs. But the 5610 has a longer timer than the GW-M5600 which only had 60 min.

Cheers, Sedi
    Oh, sorry I mixed up the models :(

Gesendet von meinem A200 mit Tapatalk
    My watches:
    Sinn 104 St Sa A | Casio CBX-1000 | Casio WV-M120 | Junghans Mega1 | Junghans Olympic

Thread Information