The Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock Watch Case is Made out of PLASTIC! Is this True? - Page 4
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock Watch Case is Made out of PLASTIC! Is this True?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: The Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock Watch Case is Made out of PLASTIC! Is this True?

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    You'd use copper grease on a car to stop this kind of problem.

The other problem with resin (which really shook my faith in G-Shocks when it happened to me yesterday) is deformation of the lug-holes.

I was at work, pulling a big heavy trolley down a narrow passageway. I caught my watch on something immoveable, and to my horror the strap came off and the watch fell off. Amazingly I managed to find the springbar in a dirty, not particularly well lit part of the warehouse. On inspection, it appeared that the springbar had been pulled from the hole across the lug scoring a channel across the lug. It did go back together, but if I manage to do the same again the springbar will not stay in (and if that does happen, my only option is going to be a mil-shock conversion).

Hmm, that's a good thing! If you had been wearing a Seiko Monster with metal band, you may have done a lot of damage to your hand!. I'm an Intensive Care Paramedic and have seen the damage that can be done by watches when worn in an industrial setting. One guy got his metal watch caught in some machinery and it ripped all the skin clean off his hand....a nasty de-gloving injury (he was lucky he didn't lose his entire hand from the wrist).

I guess most watches are tougher than the MK1 human arm.
    japc likes this.

Re: The Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock Watch Case is Made out of PLASTIC! Is this True?

Okay, I know, thread resurrected from the dead. Still...

Beyond the obvious silliness of a $40 ($46, nowadays) watch being indestructible, it might be worth noting that even some military watches have resin/plastic cases.

The Marathon Type II, Class 4 and their Type III, Class 1 watches are both MIL-PRF-46374G compliant, and have "fibreshell" cases...which I take to mean they are essentially plastic, just like most modern G's.
    Life is short. Drink good beer.

"Never try to outstubborn a cat.” -- Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information