The Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock Watch Case is Made out of PLASTIC! Is this True?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock Watch Case is Made out of PLASTIC! Is this True?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Confused The Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock Watch Case is Made out of PLASTIC! Is this True?

I was reading the reviews on another website about the Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock and they say that the watch case on this particular model G-Shock is made out of plastic and that's the reason why this particular watch sells for under $40.
    Is it true that the current model DW5600E-1V that Casio manufactures has an all plastic watch casing to it underneath the exterior rubber insulation? I would like to know. You cannot see what type of material is underneath the exterior rubber insulation of this watch unless you take the entire rubber insulation off the watch.
    I always thought that the watch case on the current manufactured DW5600E-1V was all stainless steel metal underneath the exterior rubber insulation. Is it stainless steel or plastic? I would like to know because I am thinking of adding this model to my current Casio collection.
    Last edited by RolexSubMan; December 28th, 2008 at 06:56.

Re: The Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock Watch Case is Made out of PLASTIC! Is this True?

its a resin case which is very durable and most Gs use it. Lots of us prefer the screwback which has a all steel body and its more durable for battery changes. the resin is durable and much lighter but you need to be careful when changing batteries so you dont strip them in the resin case.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Re: The Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock Watch Case is Made out of PLASTIC! Is this True?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you'd like an SS Casio, the 25th Anniversary models sell for under $100 (some of them) such as the Spike Lee (very much 5600 looking) and the Ocean Gray. Sometimes you can find the Rising white for under $100 but right now the cheapest Screwback (new) is the Spike Lee at $83 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NickDolin View Post
    If you'd like an SS Casio, the 25th Anniversary models sell for under $100 (some of them) such as the Spike Lee (very much 5600 looking) and the Ocean Gray. Sometimes you can find the Rising white for under $100 but right now the cheapest Screwback (new) is the Spike Lee at $83 I believe.

Nick where did you see the Sl for 83. Im not a fan of his but thats a great price on a screwback G

also wanted to point out that the 400 dollar MTG'S have a resin case.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi

Yes, its made of plastic. The telling sign of this is at the springbar points when you flip over the watch to view. The lugs are plastic.

The vintage models and some current limited editions use the screwdown casebacks, with the case under the resin bezel all stainless steel.

Probably it costs more to manufacture the case in ss, that's why the current plastic 5600s can be had for around $40.

Quote Originally Posted by RolexSubMan View Post
    I was reading the reviews on another website about the Casio DW5600E-1V G-Shock and they say that the watch case on this particular model G-Shock is made out of plastic and that's the reason why this particular watch sells for under $40.
    Is it true that the current model DW5600E-1V that Casio manufactures has an all plastic watch casing to it underneath the exterior rubber insulation? I would like to know. You cannot see what type of material is underneath the exterior rubber insulation of this watch unless you take the entire rubber insulation off the watch.
    I always thought that the watch case on the current manufactured DW5600E-1V was all stainless steel metal underneath the exterior rubber insulation. Is it stainless steel or plastic? I would like to know because I am thinking of adding this model to my current Casio collection.

Banned

I just read the information in that link. That's really very scary. I never knew that Casio reverted over to an all plastic resin watch case for the DW5600E-1V G-Shock watch. I still would think that the newer all plastic resin case on this particular model G-Shock is definitely NOT as strong and as durable as the older all stainless steel watch case that it used to be manufactured with.
    Are most G-Shock watches manufactured with the all plastic resin case? What other model G-Shock watches also have an all plastic resin watch case? This is an interesting find.

Not just plastic/resin, the skeleton of the case is SS.

Photos:ADAN
    japc likes this.

what da heck happened to that G is it yours Sherms

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi

Not mine, it's ADAN's check his post below.
    Not too sure what happened, but I think it was intentional.
    Maybe he melted with a lighter?

Quote Originally Posted by Sherms View Post

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information