WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Casio DW5700-restoration

4K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Wisting 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I bought a DW5700, with a 901 module, today from a local online store and wanted to share some pictures...
The watch was in a very bad shape, with superglue at some places that held the bezel together.
Watch Wrist Watch accessory Timer Fashion accessory

but the display-glass showed no scratches.

Camera accessory Cameras & optics Lens Camera lens Photography

It was clear that I had to remove the bezel to clean the whole thing. As it was glued, it just broke into pieces..

Fashion accessory Wood

At that moment the real dirt face showed up :) You can see the superglue traces. Unbelievable..

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property Strap

After removing the watch band and a loooot of careful cleaning the beauty got a new face...

Technology

And one more

Watch Digital clock Stopwatch Clock Technology

And one more from the back.. I think the result is very good..

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Tomorrow the battery and the seal will be replaced and now I need a new bezel and band. I have seen some aftermarket bezels but now they are gone too. Any info on that would be great!
The watch does not have a serial number or anything and any info regarding the age would be great too.
Thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow, that really cleaned up nicely! I think the original 5700s were first issued in 1987; yours has gold buttons and screws, which would make it a DW-5700C-9V.

As far as bezels go, the OEM Casio ones are a bit harder to find these days since they were discontinued. watches.br on Facebook (commonly referred to as Brazilian resin) sells aftermarket bezels and bands for these watches.

#9 ·
Maybe, I have seen such a version but there is too much blank space on the dial because of the different shape of the 5700. But that is the only option if I dont find a bezel. Maybe I will change the module in my DW5000SL which has the Spike Lee branding. I heard that should fit 1:1.

#10 ·
Was there no Brazilian resin in stock for the 5700C? That's surprising.

I *think* the 1545 module from the SL will fit (seems like I've read that it will), but one thing to keep in mind is that the 'Light' and 'REM' buttons on the 5700 case will be reversed on the newer module. The crystal labeling won't match up on that side any longer. Why change the module though?

#13 ·
[QUOTE Why change the module though?[/QUOTE]

Well, comparing the two modules, the 901 looks more bright which I like better so why not [emoji12] no changes have to be made. Just a simple switch. I can reverse it any time.
Btw I contacted Brazilian resin, so the new bezel should be on it's way very soon. I'll update as soon as it arrives.. Thank you for your replies!