CASIO EDIFICE EF-550D-7AV fake or original?

Thread: CASIO EDIFICE EF-550D-7AV fake or original?

CASIO EDIFICE EF-550D-7AV fake or original?

Good day!
    Guys, tell me please.
    Is it original Casio EF-550D-7AV or it is fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CASIO-EDIFICE-Ch...item3cae55fa39

Re: CASIO EDIFICE EF-550D-7AV fake or original?

Auctions with stock pics can be tricky but the seller has lots of positive ratings It's the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by xGGAx View Post
    Auctions with stock pics can be tricky but the seller has lots of positive ratings It's the real thing.
    Yes, but buyers may simply not understand the original or a copy. in this lot of positive feedback

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's interesting that you should ask.

I've just received an Edifice 535 from that particular seller - I also checked his feedback before ordering, and couldn't see anything that disturbed me, but of course not everyone would be looking at the watch in the same way as we would - and I've been trying to determine if it's fake or not.

There's the price - his prices are SIGNIFICANTLY lower than retail. The crystal is slightly domed and doesn't feel quite like mineral glass (leading me to wonder if it's only acrylic). The box is a little bit rough around the edges, and the documentation is all cheaply printed in Chinese. The bracelet clasp feels a little thin, and the watch has a screwback (does Casio still use them much?). Finally anyone who has to advertise their goods as "100% authentic" is lying 75% of the time.

On the other hand, it's bang on the money for weight (an easy check that gives away an awful lot of fakes), the finish is as good as I'd expect (although I only have G-shocks and an Oceanus to compare it to), and the packaging, swing tag et cetera is all identical to that in this unboxing thread:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...hlight=edifice

But the "stock" picture thing isn't part of the problem; the watch I received looked *exactly* like the watch in all the stock pictures. It's not made to quite the same high quality as my Oceanus, but to be frank, what is? I can see no obvious flaws, gaffs or errors that are the usual giveaways. My best guess is that it's either genuine and amazingly cheap, it's genuine but "grey" (where the factory produces official goods under licence, then runs off a few thousand more to sell out of the back door), or a very good fake that's all but indistinguishable from the real thing. I honestly cannot tell. I'd open it up if I had the tool required to get the back off, but I haven't so I can't.
    Last edited by RichardD; June 21st, 2010 at 15:45.
    Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Quote Originally Posted by RichardD View Post
    The crystal is slightly domed
    On checking, I discover that this isn't something to be suspicious about - this model of Edifice is advertised as having a spherical crystal. The more I think about it, the more I think that it's either completely genuine, or genuine and "grey". Has anyone else bought from this chap?
    Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

I'd open it up if I had the tool required to get the back off, but I haven't so I can't.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/16pc-Deluxe-Watc...item53df5a0e4f

You can use this tool.

On checking, I discover that this isn't something to be suspicious about - this model of Edifice is advertised as having a spherical crystal. The more I think about it, the more I think that it's either completely genuine, or genuine and "grey". Has anyone else bought from this chap?
    I ordered from this seller. When I get it, I'll write a report.

I usually don't trust any ebay seller with stock photos. Number of feedback is important but I also want to see what they are selling for real.

I also got an exact watch from an online shop but in black color.

Thread Information