Casio Edifice EFR-528-1AV Unboxing
Like Tree7Likes
  • 6 Post By Morteza
  • 1 Post By Morteza

Thread: Casio Edifice EFR-528-1AV Unboxing

Casio Edifice EFR-528-1AV Unboxing

Hi guys!

I have had this watch for quite some time, but unfortunately didn't have the chance to post the pictures here. I guess this watch uses a Seiko movement because the face design is very similar to Seiko SPC003P1. I have not opened the case back so I'm not sure about it, but the dial configuration is the same.

Here's the video I have made of how the chronograph functions:

Casio Edifice EFR 528 1AV Chronograph in Action - YouTube

I'd be glad to answer your questions.

Cheers,
    ~Morteza
    Last edited by Morteza; December 31st, 2013 at 23:17.
    "There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love."~ Sir Stirling Moss

Re: Casio Edifice EFR-528-1AV Unboxing

Hi Morteza,
    long time no see - glad to see you posting again! We missed you! Enjoy the new timepiece!

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Hi Sedi!

Thanks for the kind words. It truly has been a long time. It feels so good to be back

================================================== ======================

Here's summary of my thoughts on this watch:

This is my first Edifice actually. As I have mentioned I guess it uses a 7T82 Seiko movement. It has the exact dial configuration of an SPC003P1. I wanted to get the Seiko, but it was more expensive (has sapphire crystal) and the design was not my cup of tea, really. So when I was this Edifice I wasted no time Is it normal for Casio to use movements other than their own in Edifice watches? I guess I saw an Edifice with a Miyota in it. That's not the case with G-Shocks, I guess. The interesting feature on this watch is the chronograph. It has a precision of 1/100th second. Take a look at the video and its description I have posted, you get the picture Forgive the bad quality by the way. The watch has a resin band which is very comfortable. I wore the watch for two weeks straight and had no problems at all. It is rather light for a SS watch and weighs 82 grams. The dimensions are 47 X 43.9 X 11.4 mm. It feels nice on my 6.7 wrist. The hour markers and minute markers have been done very very nicely. The legibility is pretty good thanks to the long white hands and hour markers. It has the usual Casio lume, but the thing is it is charged very quickly under normal light, but the durability is typical Casio. Only the hour and minute hands are lumed. I have no objection because I didn't buy this watch for night use and its lume, actually. The best thing about this watch for me is the legibility. I can read it very very easily. It feels comfortable on the wrist with a nice quality resin band. As my first experience with Edifice watches I'm really pleased.

Cheers,
    ~Morteza
    Nemo likes this.
    "There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love."~ Sir Stirling Moss

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Morteza, good to see you back buddy - and what a nice Edifice

As for the movement, it's definitely Casio's own in house mov't, nothing to do with Seiko as much as the watch dials and hands may look similar.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by babola View Post

As for the movement, it's definitely Casio's own in house mov't, nothing to do with Seiko as much as the watch dials and hands may look similar.

Cheers.
    Hi there! Thanks, man!

And about the movement: If it is a Casio movement, I would be really happy. It would mean a lot that they make the whole watch themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by babola View Post

Cheers.

It looks really similar in look and function. Is it a join venture ?

Look at the Seiko video there:

Seiko Sportura SPC003 Chronograph 1/100-second - YouTube

and Morteza video:
    Casio Edifice EFR 528 1AV Chronograph in Action - YouTube

Cheers
    Nemo
    Last edited by Nemo; January 3rd, 2014 at 00:13.
    Currently wearing "Moby" my Gulfmaster Quad Sensor GWN-Q1000-7AER

Thread Information