Casio Edifice Waveceptor EQW-M710DB-1A1ER Hour & Minute hands not moving?

Thread: Casio Edifice Waveceptor EQW-M710DB-1A1ER Hour & Minute hands not moving?

Casio Edifice Waveceptor EQW-M710DB-1A1ER Hour & Minute hands not moving?

Hi Casio-friends,

I hope this is the right place - I realise this isn't a G-Shock, but it's fairly closely related!

I've just acquired one of these solar powered fellas.

After working out how to charge it up (this one had been in storage for a long time), I've managed to get the watch up and running, of sorts - in so much as I can enter the various modes, and can instruct it to pick up a time signal (which it seems to believe it receives (The indicator moves to Y)), but the hour and minute hands are not budging one inch.

I can't even make the hour and minute hands move in manual time-setting mode, or in hand alignment mode. I'm presuming I'm not doing something crazy, but I'm willing to believe I am!

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers.

Re: Casio Edifice Waveceptor EQW-M710DB-1A1ER Hour & Minute hands not moving?

Hi opal, you said the hour and minute aren't budging, are they stuck at the 12 position?

...and does the second hand tick along once per second?

Sent from the 'droid.

Hi.

The second hand is ticking, yes. The hour and minutes are stuck at 10:16.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Strange time to be stuck on... So they don't move no matter what mode you're in?

If that's the case they might be genuinely stuck and I'm not sure there's anything you can do short of opening it up or sending it to Casio :/

Before you do that I'd try to let it charge a little more since you said it was in storage for so long. If I remember reading the manual correctly, I think I'm low power states not everything will work and the second hand may tick every two seconds rather than one.

But if you're able to sync then I would have thought it should have enough power to do other things, could be wrong though...

Thread Information