Casio EQW-500 Mini Review. . . . .

Thread: Casio EQW-500 Mini Review. . . . .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casio EQW-500 Mini Review. . . . .

Firstly this mini review is for the very nice person from down under,Bluegum.I recently purchased from the outstanding Tiktox(In the UK)a Casio EQW-500.Make no mistake this is a big watch i have included some size comparison shots with My Seiko 6309 divers watch.The weight is quite light and each night it syncs without any trouble as confirmed by signal recall mode indicated by either the second hand pointing to a,"Y",or a,"N".The watch can Sync with signals originating from either Anthorn Uk or Mainflingen in Germany.
    Ok features,You have Home time mode where You configure Your watch to recieve either UK or German signals therefore although the watch cannot recieve signals from outside of Europe You can still set another City as Your home town.
    You have World time mode whereby You can view the time in 29 other major cities depicted by hour/minute hand moving round to selected city and second hand pointing to the City code around the inner/outer dial.
    You have 2 stopwatch modes but these are limited to 30 minutes each stopwatch there is NO Countdown feature there is also a tachymetre scale for speed calculations on the outer Silver casing.The Crystal is Mineral and supposedly scratch resistant.There is a Digital date/mode window at 4 o'clock position.Water resistance is 100M/330 Ft. and interestingly the manual states that this watch is suitable for swimming,Skin diving and windsurfing!The watch has a battery life of 2-years under normal usage conditions.The second hand is yellow in colour and sweeps around hitting the hash marks perfectly this watch i believe was released in the UK as part of the edifice range and in conjunction with Formula 1 racing driver David Coulthard.I really would classify this more of a Pilot's watch(being a B-777 Pilot Myself),as to the luminousity of the hands/markers it is not too bad and lasts around 4-5 hours now the LED backlight lights up the whole dial and works perfectly in that respect.Now i'll end this mini review by saying that its a big watch but i really love the busy dial and enjoy My rather poor attempts to photograph this beautiful watch.

Re: Casio EQW-500 Mini Review. . . . .

Much to see on the display and the colors are looking interesting.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

If this nice watch would be solar-atomic, i couldnt resist.
    But 2 years of battery life (alalog hands always consume more power then pure digital LCDs) are not very usefull for the addicted collector.....

Its a beauty!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I'm pretty sure the CR1616 battery will last much longer than only two years, casio is pretty conservative with their specicifations in that matter...

I purchased the similar model last year - short before christmas - and kept it for a couple days...:

http://www.casio-europe.com/de/watch...-500dbe-1aver/

...but the busy dial didn't work for me. the LED illumination don't work for me either (on any casio watch), so i gave it back after a week or so. cool watch though and congratulations anyway

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Thanks for this Evertonian61, and your pics are very good. I really like this model, especially the one with blue and red, but I think the non-solar is an advantage in that you get a better looking dial, and not that transparent look which I'm not that keen on. I suspect the battery will last 4-5 years if you don't use the light much.

Only downer for me is that it doesn't have the Japan signal which means it won't work here atomically, otherwise it's dead sexy.

But 2 years of battery life (alalog hands always consume more power then pure digital LCDs) are not very usefull for the addicted collector.....
    Never rate a watch about the battery life.
    Changing some batterys could perhaps be cheaper than the revisions of expensive watches.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Quote Originally Posted by shaft8 View Post
    Never rate a watch about the battery life.
    Changing some batterys could perhaps be cheaper than the revisions of expensive watches.

What i wanted to say:
    I have plenty of watches. Changing the battery is always somewhat tricky and water tightness have to be secured.
    Currently i have to change a battery on one of my watches lets say once a month.
    I try to keep the workload low....

Ok i wore the watch to bed last night and You wouldn't believe it but it Synced whilst on My wrist now this is uncanny!

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by evertonian61 View Post
    Ok i wore the watch to bed last night and You wouldn't believe it but it Synced whilst on My wrist now this is uncanny!
    we have word lately from a lot of forum members who report that their atomic watches sync very well - or even better - if worn during the night. maybe our bodies function as additional antennas and help to amplify the signal or something...

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    we have word lately from a lot of forum members who report that their atomic watches sync very well - or even better - if worn during the night. maybe our bodies function as additional antennas and help to amplify the signal or something...

regards, holger
    Thankyou Roger have a super Monday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information