Casio EQW-M710DB-1A1ER Edifice Can't set for crap!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ben Middleton
  • 1 Post By Ben Middleton

Thread: Casio EQW-M710DB-1A1ER Edifice Can't set for crap!

Casio EQW-M710DB-1A1ER Edifice Can't set for crap!

Name:  $T2eC16RHJGYE9nooh75vBRyzgddU+g~~60_12.JPG
Views: 2863
Size:  25.2 KB
    Received this watch a couple days ago downloaded the manual and still can't get this damn thing to tell the right time.

I've set the City to London, Then i proceed to try for a signal and it goes to "N" (previous try) then goes to "R" for ready then goes to "W" for working then either Y or N.

Today in my work break it actually worked set the calender thing from the 10th to the 16th???

Bought this watch to be simple not a mastermind genius!

Re: Casio EQW-M710DB-1A1ER Edifice Can't set for crap!

If the atomic sync worked hwre in the UK and it's still wrong, you might need to do a hands reset (where you check all the hands are in the right position). It might be that your hands and date wheel are misaligned.

Don't worry about it being complicated. I've only ever had to set my analogues once and they've always sync'd themselves afterwards :)

Sent from the 'droid. now Free

Nice looking piece aside from your frustration.

Hail to the King, baby.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkill View Post
    Nice looking piece aside from your frustration.
    would be nice if it worked :p

@ BM:

Did you attempt a hand position reset? You have to press and hold the bottom right "split/reset" button (D) for about 5 secs. Then you'll hear a beep and you'll see your second hand reset itself wind to the 12 o'clock position to show you're in the hand position setting mode.

Then you press the mode button (B) to scroll through and check each of the hands sequentially (you should see the hands move as you scroll through, let all the movements stop before pressing the mode button again), the sequence is as follows:
    1. second hand (after pressing D for 5 secs)
    2. hour/minute hands/bottom 24hr subdial
    3. right subdial/dual time clock hands
    4. left subdial/day indicator
    5. date/calendar window

basically, like in the pic above, you want to check that all the hands (including all the subdials) should be pointing up at the 12 o'clock position, and the date window should window is on '1'. These are the default home positions, so if any of them are off, you can then adjust them back to their home positions. To make adjustments, scroll through to the relevant hand using the mode button B, then using the buttons on the right (C, D -back/forward) you should be able to adjust them. you'll find that a long press 'spins' the hand until you press again then it stops, for faster adjustment.

You mentioned your date was 'off' so the first thing you should check is if the date window lands on '1', as long as all your hands are in position, just let it sync tonight and hopefully everything will be correct by tomorrow :)
    Last edited by Sengyoku; October 11th, 2013 at 16:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengyoku View Post
    @ BM:

Did you attempt a hand position reset? You have to press and hold the bottom right "split/reset" button (D) for about 5 secs. Then you'll hear a beep and you'll see your second hand reset itself wind to the 12 o'clock position to show you're in the hand position setting mode.

Then you press the mode button (B) to scroll through and check each of the hands sequentially (you should see the hands move as you scroll through, let all the movements stop before pressing the mode button again), the sequence is as follows:
    1. second hand (after pressing D for 5 secs)
    2. hour/minute hands/bottom 24hr subdial
    3. right subdial/dual time clock hands
    4. left subdial/day indicator
    5. date/calendar window

basically, like in the pic above, you want to check that all the hands (including all the subdials) should be pointing up at the 12 o'clock position, and the date window should window is on '1'. These are the default home positions, so if any of them are off, you can then adjust them back to their home positions. To make adjustments, scroll through to the relevant hand using the mode button B, then using the buttons on the right (C, D -back/forward) you should be able to adjust them. you'll find that a long press 'spins' the hand until you press again then it stops, for faster adjustment.

You mentioned your date was 'off' so the first thing you should check is if the date window lands on '1', as long as all your hands are in position, just let it sync tonight and hopefully everything will be correct by tomorrow :)
    Thank you so much! i managed to set everything right then out of no where the watch decided to auto adjust it self so its wrong again. The Hands are now off position too instead of the 2nd hand moving to twelve like it should when beeping it moves 2 movements past it instead. (faulty watch?)

Hmm, if you managed to set all the hands in the correct positions, then it set itself wrong again, it might be faulty...but has it sync'd?

When you say adjust itself wrong again, what exactly is going wrong? are the minute, hour and date all wrong? Bear in mind that when you reset the home positions for the hour/minute hands, it's linked to the bottom 24hr subdial, and the position should be 0000, not 1200. After you've set all the hands in their home positions, press the adjust button (A) and you should see the hands revert back to timekeeping mode. it will just be back to whatever time it was before, with the corrections on the hands/calendar, so check the sync indicator by tapping the adjust button once, the second hand goes to either Y or N either side of the 1000 position. If it's N, leave it by a window tonight and let it auto-sync, otherwise you could try a manual sync near a window (press and hold adjust til you hear one beep) - FYI I've just managed to manual sync mine just at the time of this post, I'm based near London.

Once you manage to achieve a sync, if the hours, minutes and date is still wrong... then I think it's faulty. If it's just the hour that's wrong, it could be your country code is wrong! I'd also check the hands home positioning again just to be sure, but it really shouldn't be giving you this much trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Sengyoku View Post
    Hmm, if you managed to set all the hands in the correct positions, then it set itself wrong again, it might be faulty...but has it sync'd?

When you say adjust itself wrong again, what exactly is going wrong? are the minute, hour and date all wrong? Bear in mind that when you reset the home positions for the hour/minute hands, it's linked to the bottom 24hr subdial, and the position should be 0000, not 1200. After you've set all the hands in their home positions, press the adjust button (A) and you should see the hands revert back to timekeeping mode. it will just be back to whatever time it was before, with the corrections on the hands/calendar, so check the sync indicator by tapping the adjust button once, the second hand goes to either Y or N either side of the 1000 position. If it's N, leave it by a window tonight and let it auto-sync, otherwise you could try a manual sync near a window (press and hold adjust til you hear one beep) - FYI I've just managed to manual sync mine just at the time of this post, I'm based near London.

Once you manage to achieve a sync, if the hours, minutes and date is still wrong... then I think it's faulty. If it's just the hour that's wrong, it could be your country code is wrong! I'd also check the hands home positioning again just to be sure, but it really shouldn't be giving you this much trouble!
    Damn why can't you live closer to me? Plymouth lol

I've ordered another one from a different shop this time hoping that it'll come set. If it doesn't i'll send the first one back either way i'll be able to compare.

Remind me when I'm next in London to take you for a beer :)
    Sengyoku likes this.

Update : The new watch came right out the box it automate sync'd and set it self right as would be expected.

nice black edition btw Sengyoku
    Sengyoku likes this.

Thread Information