Casio feat Mastermind

Thread: Casio feat Mastermind

Casio feat Mastermind

I understand that the Casio feat mastermind was mentioned before. I was offered to take up this set while in a meeting with Mastermind in Tokyo. Cost me a fortune these limited editions. Anyway, some pictures for all.

Enjoy. (PS. Sorry NetCaster)

Zac

http://web.mac.com/zacharywong/Plane...astermind.html

Re: Casio feat Mastermind

Do you think that these watches are worth the extra money? You could paint a sceleton on a dial of a usual 6900 with a little patience and micro stencils... All the other characteristics are allmost the same with the usual models except the casebacks and the g button of course...I'm writing this because you said it cost you a fortune and i can't see the reason for buying versions like this...

Dw-6900 is a great model for modifications and i haven't seen anyone trying to make his own "special edition" with unique logos, colours etc...These special editions cost nothing to Casio and we pay them a fortune...

Quote Originally Posted by Funkywatch View Post
    Do you think that these watches are worth the extra money? You could paint a sceleton on a dial of a usual 6900 with a little patience and micro stencils... All the other characteristics are allmost the same with the usual models except the casebacks and the g button of course...I'm writing this because you said it cost you a fortune and i can't see the reason for buying versions like this...

Dw-6900 is a great model for modifications and i haven't seen anyone trying to make his own "special edition" with unique logos, colours etc...These special editions cost nothing to Casio and we pay them a fortune...
    I think for some people, collecting the rare models and owning them outweigh the cool "look". Just like how some people dont mind paying the extra for a real Coach bag, a real Rolex, etc. for its quality. I agree some of these Ltd Eds. cost a fortune...an unnecessary fortune!

On the other hand, some people cannot see spending the extra $$$ for something that can be knocked off and obtained much more easily. Expecially if it looks the same.

Maybe this should become a poll as to which type YOU are?

The MasterMinds look slick! Probably not for me but sexy nonetheless!!
    Love the packaging as always.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao Tzu

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really insist that people can do heavier and better modifications to their watches! After summer i will try to make my own "limited edition" with a DW-9600. The only thing that i can't do is the engraving of the backcase (I think...).

Very nice, Zac. I didn't know that the back of the box had the 25th Anniversary logo on it. Cool models.

Quote Originally Posted by 1540 View Post
    I think for some people, collecting the rare models and owning them outweigh the cool "look". Just like how some people dont mind paying the extra for a real Coach bag, a real Rolex, etc. for its quality. I agree some of these Ltd Eds. cost a fortune...an unnecessary fortune!

On the other hand, some people cannot see spending the extra $$$ for something that can be knocked off and obtained much more easily. Expecially if it looks the same.

Maybe this should become a poll as to which type YOU are?

The MasterMinds look slick! Probably not for me but sexy nonetheless!!
    Love the packaging as always.
    Contrary to your thoughts, I must say that the people you know and those that influence you most makes the person you are and the kind of staff you collect.

I am fortunate to frequent Japan regularly and some of these collaboration are done by close friends. That is why the close following of limited editions.

My opinion.

I have no problems with limited editions even though some have very few "enchancements" or differences to standard models. I like them. Congrats on your new sets of limited editions.

Thread Information