Is Casio the first? Analog Chrono Solar Atomic?

Thread: Is Casio the first? Analog Chrono Solar Atomic?

Is Casio the first? Analog Chrono Solar Atomic?

I was trying this beauty on over the weekend:

And it got me thinking...

Citizen have the Skyhawk A-T and other A-T models out now, some even fully analog, but they don't have analog chrono A-T Eco-Drives out yet, as far as I know...

So, was Casio the first?

I mean, the model above has Alarm, Timer, 1/20 sec Stopwatch, Atomic timekeeping, Tough Solar, World time and it is fully analog.

Oh, on top of that 10 Bar WR and looks pretty enough to make you feel you've sinned just looking at it... the price is comparable to average Citizen prices, but the featureset on a Citizen would be £150 more easily.

Can't justify the spend on it myself at the moment, but it is a piece I'd definitely like to own...
    Last edited by JohnnyBlazE; October 25th, 2010 at 11:42.
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Re: Is Casio the first? Analog Chrono Solar Atomic?

Hmm, this Citizen was a 2009 model... No Timer or Alarm, but a Promaster logo with WR200 written on the dial is a good throw up, and Citizen finishes are usually excellent.

Plus a sliding internal fuel calculator bezel... Hmm...! And it's radio controlled!

However this sets you back £399-£449 from what I can see online wheras the Edifice is £250 officially.
    Last edited by JohnnyBlazE; October 25th, 2010 at 15:21.
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

I tried this one on at the mall (white dial) a couple of months ago and I almost bought it - except that it was very expensive for my current budget.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBlazE View Post
    Hmm, this Citizen was a 2009 model... No Timer or Alarm, but a Promaster logo with WR200 written on the dial is a good throw up, and Citizen finishes are usually excellent.

Plus a sliding internal fuel calculator bezel... Hmm...! ***** And, it's radio controlled.

However this sets you back £399-£449 from what I can see online wheras the Edifice is £250 officially.
    Last edited by BA1970; October 25th, 2010 at 15:14.
    Brandon

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

this Edifice M1000 is an older module, a downgrade of the Oceanus OCW-T600 (available October, 2008). It has all the features but no Tough Movement (auto hand home position correction).

And I think Casio was first with the long feature list (5 motor module, Multiband 6 atomic radio reception, solar, 24 hour CDT, 24 hour stop watch, alarm and so on) if you mean that but solar atomic chronographs have been around much longer of course.

OCW-T600TD-1AJF

Last edited by Sibe; October 25th, 2010 at 16:09.

Thanks Sibe; you're absolutely right! That model's beautiful too...!

Casio are really great with their technological advances.
    Citizen aren't bad either; I find their Eco-Drive system holds charge better than Tough Solar. My Skyhawk is always synced also, but my GW-056E doesn't fare bad either.
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

BTW, the Edifice is no longer produced, I think, so get it as long as it is possible...

Edit: I am not sure any more, it could be, that only the other version, the EQW-M1000D is discontinued at the moment and the all black one EQW-M1000DC, sorry, maybe no need to hurry
    Last edited by Sibe; October 27th, 2010 at 10:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibe View Post
    BTW, the Edifice is no longer produced, I think, so get it as long as it is possible...

Edit: I am not sure any more, it could be, that only the other version, the EQW-M1000D is discontinued at the moment and the all black one EQW-M1000DC, sorry, maybe no need to hurry
    I have the one in the pic above in stock but can't justify spending on it right now when I am looking to get the GA-100/GA-110 and GX-56... :$
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

Thread Information