Casio frogman in hot regions!
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Casio frogman in hot regions!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Casio frogman in hot regions!

Hello guys
    I am going to add a casio frogman gwf d1000 to my collection.i like the watch alot
    But i am an army officer in the middle east where the temperature is always too hot during summer and this watch gonna be my daily wearer.
    So i am afraid of excessive heat in summer at work in the feild may damage or have bad influence on the digital LCD , i have seen some g shocks suffering from missing digits from being exposed to hot temperatures,but I don't know if the frogman have higher temperature resistant than most g shocks or not ?
    So can anyone advice if if this watch can suit me and my life style at work OR better be with something lime seiko automatic diver like skx ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Casio frogman in hot regions!

for a sandy desert zone, i wouldnt go with a Frog. Rangeman, Mudman, GWX-56 would be better suited to that environment.
    grinch_actual and ryan93civic like this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    for a sandy desert zone, i wouldnt go with a Frog. Rangeman, Mudman, GWX-56 would be better suited to that environment.
    For what its worth, Steelerswit is 100% dead on. I have all three of those models. All three are extremely tough and purpose built for the outdoors. And it wont break your bank. Each of those models are about 50%(if not more) then the Frogman.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerswit View Post
    Ok no problem to buy a rangeman for this situation
    But still my question exists which is : can the hot temprature of the summer affects the the digital lcd display of the rangeman?
    Some times the temperature reaches 55 celicius in the afternoon during work and i will be wearing this casio diring duty and i have read some fellows complaining of faulty lcd's from temprature that leads to missing digits in the lcd display of the g shock..
    Will the rangeman resist the high temperatures?

It will be fine, youre not going to the sun.
    Surely all the other soldiers wearing them over there is enough to equate that they are fine?
    cheers
    Last edited by Cobia; October 26th, 2017 at 19:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Only View Post
    But still my question exists which is : can the hot temprature of the summer affects the the digital lcd display of the rangeman?
    Some times the temperature reaches 55 celicius in the afternoon during work and i will be wearing this casio diring duty and i have read some fellows complaining of faulty lcd's from temprature that leads to missing digits in the lcd display of the g shock..
    The G-Shock displays are rated up to 60 degrees Celsius. So should be fine at 55. However an analog or ana/digi model will still be able to display the time even if temps exceeds that as can be seen in this demonstration video what happens to the watch in boiling water:

As great as the Frogman is and it will definitely survive the dessert my recommendation would still be to go with the GWG-1000 Mudmaster as it was specifically made for such an environment and if the display should fade you will still have the analog time that keeps ticking. Also the Mudmaster comes with a barometer that you can use to track weather changes and a compass that can come in handy.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

I have never heard of any issues with the Rangeman doing anything that your describing. Just don't leave it sitting on a table(for example) in direct sun light for long periods of time. Just as a precaution.

So great to hear that the frogman can resist the high temperatures without any failure in the digital display.
    So what about the influence of the temprature on the solar battery?

So great to hear that the frogman can resist the high temperatures without any failure in the digital display.
    Surely youre trolling now lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobia View Post
    Surely youre trolling now lol?
    Lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information