Casio Frogman MIY GF8250 vs Final GW200Z
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Casio Frogman MIY GF8250 vs Final GW200Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casio Frogman MIY GF8250 vs Final GW200Z

Hi guys,
    I am in the process of acquiring my first Frogman and I have run into a bit of a dilemma. I want my first Frogman to be non-atomic. I am sure I will buy a GWF1000 sometime in the next few months, but I want to start with a smaller Frogman.

I have narrowed it down to the MIY GF8250 and the Final Frogman GW200Z (BNIB). Both watches are around $300-$350. As a side note, my absolute favorite looking Frogman is the Dawn Black GW225, but at the current market price of $600 it puts that configuration in Solar Atomic territory and I would just buy a GWF1000 for that amount.

So...between a MIY GF8250 and a Final Frogman, which would you choose? I love the titanium case and back on the Final Frogman from a functional (as well as aesthetic) perspective. I also really like the color scheme of the Final Frogman. All of my G-Shocks are black and I want to add a little color. I am not sure I like the bright yellow on the 8250, but I do like the Moon Phase and the Tide Graph. I am concerned the MIY would be less versatile, and it would be easier to match the Final Frog to more outfits. Am I missing anything? Which is more comfortable? Which has the better module? Any and all opinions are welcome. Thanks!

Re: Casio Frogman MIY GF8250 vs Final GW200Z

Well, only you can decide on the color issues...however:
    I have a Master Blue frog as well as a Glorious Gold frog, both of which are very similar to the final frog (same module), and I also have the 8250.
    As for comparison, better module is easily the 8250 - newer, tide graph/moon phase, seems to respond 'faster', has a better power save, etc etc.
    The 8250 is definately heavier due to stainless steel case, and is a bit physically larger than the 200 series. That means you will never really forget the yellow frog is on your wrist...some people like this, some people don't. Objectively, I would say that my Master Blue is more 'comfortable' than my yellow frog, but the yellow frog *with out a DOUBT* has monster wrist presence. The yellow frog is also definately less versatile..its big..its yellow, and it screams at people to look at it.....
    Which is why I love it.
    The 8250 is probably my favorite watch right now because I love the weight of it, the feel of it, and the wrist presence. It is also the ultimate summer/beach watch IMHO.
    The final frog im sure is nice, but like all the other 200 series, its smaller, less obtrusive, lighter.

It really comes down to what you want. Do you want it to stand out? Get the yellow frog
    If you want to be able to wear it any, and every day no matter what you are doing, and have a watch that is fairly non-intrusive? Get the final frog.

Both are great...but personally, I bought the yellow frog specifically *because* I wanted something different, a summer watch, more color etc.

If you only get one frog however, I would forget both of these and get the Master Blue. I think it may be one of the best looking G-shock's ever made, but you really can't tell that until you see one in person. The black DLC case rim and buttons, along with the gold case back and blue display....gorgeous.
    Hope this helps!
    Current Rotation:
    Longines Legend Diver -=- Speedbird III PRS-22 -=- Precista PRS-18-Q -=- CWC RN Diver Quartz
    Bombfrog BT25 -=- Citizen Orca -=- Seiko SKX009 'Pepsi' -=- GW-M5630e Lightning Yellow -=- Longines Ultra-Chron Cal. 431
    Frogman GF-8250-9 -=- GW-6900RD-4 'Burning Red'

Quote Originally Posted by RSA27 View Post
    If you only get one frog however, I would forget both of these and get the Master Blue. I think it may be one of the best looking G-shock's ever made, but you really can't tell that until you see one in person. The black DLC case rim and buttons, along with the gold case back and blue display....gorgeous.
    Hope this helps!
    I can't agree more. The Master Blue is my favorite of all the GW200 Frogs.
    "Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow'." (attributed to Mary Anne Radmacher-Hershey)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love yellow watches.

However this is the one I'd go for.

BUT IT IS YOUR WATCH-so you decide!

Either way you won't be disapointed!

Cheers,
    Lotus

Hi guys. Thanks for the help. I just ordered the Final Frogman. After I re-read my question, it became obvious which one I already preferred. BTW Lotus...it was your picture that got me interested in the Final Frog in the first place, so thank you. I am sure I will buy a GWF1000 by the end of the month, but I am very excited to have my GW200Z by the end of the week. It was the Titanium case that pushed me over the edge. I also love the Master Blue edition, but they are very difficult to come by and they seem to be selling for $550 t0 $600. For that money I would go Atomic.

I will post pics when it arrives...thanks all.

There's just something about the classic look of the GW-200Z that screams "wear me"....exactly why I decided on it. Love it.

***EDIT***

Sorry, just realized this thread is very old.
    Last edited by Carlos the Dwarf; July 27th, 2012 at 03:31.
    Why are you putting so much emphasis on the h?

I'm selling a Master Blue Froman if anyone is interested

Here's a video of the actual watch

For sale gshock Frogman GW-225C-1JF MASTER BLUE - YouTube

PM me if interested. Thanks and sorry for hyjacking the thread

I'd go for the 200. You can buy an 8250 band for it if you like the yellow. I think it goes well with the final frog bezel myself ...

Current
    DW-8200MS "Kermit in Smoke" Frogman
    DW-8200F-4 Red Frogman
    GW-200-2 "Navy" Frogman - modded
    DW-5000SP "Bloody Project Team Tough mod"
    DW-9900 Frogman
    DW-5700 with 5600EH crystal "Screwback Eric Haze"
    GW-5000
    Beater G-3110

LUW

200 for me too. Here I did a comparo of them (together with a 1000 and 9900).
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Usually I am everything colorful when comes to G-Shock.....
    but I really can't resist the vintage tool diver color.

Name:  7330684892_19a22c7ff5_z.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  190.7 KB
    Name:  7330684802_dcbfd938f1_z.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  144.6 KB
    Name:  7330770192_4804301a7d_z.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  166.4 KB
    kiwidj, Feisar, GS_Leng and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information