Casio G-SHOCK, Beeper vs. Buzzer

Thread: Casio G-SHOCK, Beeper vs. Buzzer

Casio G-SHOCK, Beeper vs. Buzzer

I'm a tad embarrassed to admit that in my advanced age of 60, I've lost some degree of high frequency hearing in both ears (as tested recently by a professional audiologist). Whether they be Seikos or Casios, I can't seem to hear the high pitched beeper alarms.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Casio makes one or two G-SHOCK models that have buzzer-type alarms which I may be able to hear better.

Does anyone here have any experience with this and/or provide me with additional information?

:thanks

Re: Casio G-SHOCK, Beeper vs. Buzzer

Actually, I think Casio uses the words loosely, and both are the same.

There are some models with vibrating alarms, however.

I'm not too good at hearing the alarms myself, but they are really intended to be day-time reminders rather than alarms that would wake you.

I had a 7500 with a vibrating alarm, but if I was reasonably active at the time it went off, didn't always notice that either.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Buzzer/beeper... both the same? SHUCKS!

Yesterday, I did place an order via Amazon for a 7500 w/ vibrating alarm, however they are currently OUT OF STOCK -- hopefully they will get more in the near future. I would prefer to have a true buzzer alarm if one exists.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

TTT

I don't know if it'll help, but I think some of the G-8000's have a little LED that lights up beside the face when the alarm goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    I don't know if it'll help, but I think some of the G-8000's have a little LED that lights up beside the face when the alarm goes off.
    That's true - yes, all the G-8000s have this facility. Quite a big light, actually.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I have definitely considered the G-8000 as an alternative to something with the vibration feature. I've never seen one in person, just online photos. The G-8000 doesn't appear to be as sturdy or robust as most of the other G-SHOCKS (even though it's rated @ 200M). Is that correct? Does anyone here have any actual wrist shots?

Quote Originally Posted by Catbird View Post
    The G-8000 doesn't appear to be as sturdy or robust as most of the other G-SHOCKS (even though it's rated @ 200M). Is that correct? Does anyone here have any actual wrist shots?
    I would say it was as robust as any G-Shock (with the possible exception of some of the old screwback models). I think it's just that the styling doesn't shout, " Look at me, see how tough I am?" I was actually very impressed with the fit and finish on this model. As you suspect, it is 200m rated. I no longer have it, because the band was a bit too long for me. Great watch.

That looks very nice to me... I think I'll go for it... Thank you!

The GW-400J (a.k.a. Silencer) has a vibrating alarm & the Mudman has the option of a double flash illumination- would only be useful in the dark I'm thinking. I'll let you know about the Silencer later this week as I have one incoming, but I've heard that it's not a particularly great wrist shaker. I use the old screw back DW-5600 as a daily wake-me-up alarm as I find it's loud enough to wake me, but doesn't bother my wife. Could be that I'm tuned in to it though. I find that newer watch alarms are virtually useless; it would seem to me that it would be a simple fix to make them louder. It does suck to get older - I know; I'm there!

Quote Originally Posted by Catbird View Post
    The G-8000 doesn't appear to be as sturdy or robust as most of the other G-SHOCKS (even though it's rated @ 200M). Is that correct?
    I haven't noticed anything about the G-8000 that would indicate any lack of toughness. If anything, it might be tougher than many G-Shocks, since it has steel buttons instead of plastic ones. It also protects the case back cover better than most G-Shocks. Very good crystal protection, too.

Thread Information