CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9400-1 RANGEMAN ALTIMETER IN-FLIGHT DEMONSTRATION
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Gshockmike

Thread: CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9400-1 RANGEMAN ALTIMETER IN-FLIGHT DEMONSTRATION

CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9400-1 RANGEMAN ALTIMETER IN-FLIGHT DEMONSTRATION

I put this video together on my flight, pretty cool to see the Rangeman Sensors work there magic.

Jasabor, nigelw, edwing206 and 2 others like this.

Re: CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9400-1 RANGEMAN ALTIMETER IN-FLIGHT DEMONSTRATION

I did this too, flying home from vacation. I found that the initial takeoff was displayed as a descent on the watch, but after a couple of minutes, the altitude on the watch started ascending, and kept doing so until we started our descent. The descent was modeled much more accurately by the watch. I wonder how it would perform in a single-engine plane without a pressurized cabin (highest reading mine displayed was 2800 ft or so).

Re: CASIO G-SHOCK GW-9400-1 RANGEMAN ALTIMETER IN-FLIGHT DEMONSTRATION

Quote Originally Posted by njb242 View Post
    I did this too, flying home from vacation. I found that the initial takeoff was displayed as a descent on the watch, but after a couple of minutes, the altitude on the watch started ascending, and kept doing so until we started our descent. The descent was modeled much more accurately by the watch. I wonder how it would perform in a single-engine plane without a pressurized cabin (highest reading mine displayed was 2800 ft or so).
    The air pressure in the cabin might actually increase during takeoff initially until the plane gets a little higher. So your watch might have been correct. Sometimes my ears will pop when the engines spool up for takeoff.
    Current: Certina DS First Chronograph, Squale 20 Atmos Classic, Casio Edifice EF527, G-Shock GW-6900-1, Rado, Invicta, Maurice LaCroix
    Past: Victorinox Chrono Classic 1/100 241618, Seiko SBDC001, SKX779, Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500, G-Shock GA-1000FC, AWG-101, Citizen BM8475-26e, Oris TT1 Divers Date, TAG Heuer Pilot

Thread Information