Casio G-Shock GW3000-1AER problem
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Casio G-Shock GW3000-1AER problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casio G-Shock GW3000-1AER problem

Hi guys!

I bought a Casio GW3000-1AER about a week ago and in the first days all was perfect, the watch worked as it should and the synchronization also. Two nights ago something strange happened, I left my watch near the window to ensure a better synchronization and in the morning I found that it stopped at about 1 o'clock in the morning. The second hand was still moving but the minute hand and the hour hand remained frozen. After that I manually set the time and all was working again. What do you thing it's the problem ? I just cannot trust this watch if the same thing will happen again in the future. Is there any reset procedure for GW3000?
    Any help it's much appreciated.

Thanks!
    chrusp likes this.

Re: Casio G-Shock GW3000-1AER problem

Come on guys, really noone experienced such problems? I should send the watch back?

Quote Originally Posted by albireox View Post
    Come on guys, really noone experienced such problems? I should send the watch back?
    If you don't have the manual in hand, you can download it here as a pdf (module 5121):

Watches [ Manuals ] - CASIO WORLDWIDE

I don't own the watch so hopefully someone will chime in.

EDIT: when did you discover the "stopping at 1'oclock" deal? how much time had passed since 1 am?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Shademantis, thanks for your answer. I have the manual, but there isn't anything about an "all reset" function. I left the watch near the window before 1 o'clock in the morning and I discovered it with the minute and hour hands "frozen" at 1:03 (or something) when I woke up that morning, at around 7:00.

I don't know the model, but had it gone into power saving mode because of the dark? If so, that would be normal. Check that part of the manual.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Yeah that's curious. 1:03 or thereabouts is when it will try to phone home if the sync around midnight fails. Is the watch fully charged? Did you see if it would 'start up' on its own once there was normal ambient light or did you immediately reset it by hand?

Just see how it goes the next few nights...especially if you are getting a strong signal at your location. If it happens again and none of our questions shed light on it, send it back.

My guess is that it might have been displaying the time of its last successful sync. Is there a mode on the watch where that is displayed? Many digital atomics can display that, so perhaps this analog can too with a certain combination of button pushes. I'd look for that in the manual. I kind of doubt its malfunctioning, sounds like a "learning curve error"

Since the watch is so new, I suspect that its battery may not be fully charged. I would make certain that the watch gets as much sunlight as possible for a few days. Signal reception takes more power than normal operation. I have seen new atomic-time watches with power meters fall one full level when synced manually.

When no light is charging a GW3000 for an extended period, it will shut down its hands. When it wakes up it may appear to have normal power, then the drain from powering the receiver may drop the power output from the battery to a dangerously low level. ALL solar watches recommend that new owners fully charge the watch before use by use of natural sunlight. In the winter, it takes a bit longer to reach full charge as the sun is too low on the horizon to charge a watch at its fastest rate. My last Skyhawk was received one level down. On use it fell a second level. It took a week of charging before use would not cause the charge level indicator to fall one level with minimal use. When the battery gets too low, the watch will just not be reliable.

Bill
    Last edited by MrMcGoo; January 27th, 2011 at 06:01.

Thank you for your answer guys. As far as I know, the watch is charged to an "ok" level, since the second hand is moving in one second increments. Yes, it's possible that the watch entered at around 1 o'clock in the morning in the sleep state, but the strange thing is it hasn't wake up in the morning. The second hand was moving but not the minute and the hour hand. The only thing I could do was to set it manually. The atomic clock signal is not so powerful around here, in fact, it's quite low, but this shouldn't be a problem I guess. Anyway, I'll try to charge it a little bit more and see what happens.

according to the manual in Power Saving (Sleep Mode) - second hand stop at 12. All other functions are enabled.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information